If we win Saturday

Discussion in 'Football' started by hoosman, Nov 18, 2008.

1. hoosman

hoosman Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Engineer
    Burlington
    We will have some respectibility in the big 12 (two teams @ 1-7); we will have much more fan and player optimism for next year; we will have a recruiting boost (especially vs K-state); we'll break a long road losing streak; we can honestly say that we didn't get worse this year. A win would be huge for us.

2. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007

I agree w/ everything but this

3. cyclonez7

cyclonez7 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames/Coralville
    There's nothing wrong with winning is there?

4. SC Cy

SC Cy Well-Known Member

Believe me, there will be zero respect coming from this side of the Missouri River.

Man I hate this state.

5. Cardinal&Gold11

Cardinal&Gold11 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    I don't know about respectability, but everything else I agree with. If we can get this road win, it would be huge for the younger guys on this team to know that they can win on the road in the big 12. It would really help out with recruiting and sell to the recruits that we can win on the road. I'll be there cheering my *** off on Saturday. GO CLONES!!!!

6. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Some respectabilty is better than losing and no respectability, isn't it? :wideeyed:

7. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Respect? No.

Some sense of pride? Yeah.

8. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    If we had some, but we wouldn't. You don't get any respect for winning 3 games and 1 in conference

9. Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    We have got to earn our respect from the fellow conference mates. Winning 3 games is not going to help that. It will help our team but won't get us that respect. We will have to start winning some games first.

10. Cyclonick182

Cyclonick182 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Logistics
    Winter Haven, FL
    We'd better have the respect of K-State if we beat them at least, but I cant see much respect coming from anywhere else, especially in this state where Black and Gold has infected so many.

11. jaretac

jaretac Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Frigidaire
    I think it will be best if we lose on Saturday, it will show recruits that we still need lots of immediate help and we may actually break the bottom 10 which will bring us much more respect then winning 1 game. [/sarcasm]

12. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    I hate to sound negative but how does finishing 3-9 and 1 win in the conference give us any more respectibility or mean improvement? Three wins this year compared to 3 last year is not improvement either and 1 conference win is actually a decrease in the conference totals last year and we definitely had a lot easier schedule this year than last missing out on TU, OU, and TT. Our defense has taken a step back giving up more points than it did last year.

I'm just going to be glad this nightmare season is over with after Saturday. I'm not counting on a win either, we have got our butts handed to by some of the worse in the Big 12 already so I'll just be glad if we even keep it close and don't give up another 30+ points. Sorry but I am disappointed with this year. I would have been fine with a 4 or 5 win season but I think we've actually gotten worse than last year and even if we do improve next year we have to add the brutal Big 12 south schedule back the following season. I'm not saying I am giving up on this coaching staff, way too early for that but I am disappointed that we didn't show noticible improvement this season.

13. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    We desperately need a win. We'll still have a bad team even if they win this one, but going into the off-season on a 10 game losing streak would be absolutely brutal.

14. TedKumsher

TedKumsher Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Male
    Network Consultant
    Ames
    I also don't agree with this:

15. Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    Winning that last one and getting that road monkey off the players back would really help them going into next year. It would create a little excitement heading into the off season. 1 win could really go a long way in helping out the young players. For all the people that are going down to the game, let's be loud and proud and cheer our team on to victory! Go State!!

16. wesley_w

wesley_w Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Ames, Iowa
    Outside the KSU and ISU fanbases and locker rooms I'm sure noone cares about this game. But to the players on the field I can just about guarantee it's important who wins and it will be a game they remember. I hope the team and especially the seniors go out with a victory!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. AmesCloneFan

AmesCloneFan Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Ames
    I agree. This is one that we should win. Break the road game streak, at least give the seniors a little something to go out on.

Does anyone actually remember what it feels like to win? I think I've forgotten...

18. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    TV? I'll be ready for a Cyclone victory this Saturday! Don't know how this defense can do it, but I'll cheer through my TV!!

19. cycloneryan

cycloneryan Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines
    We were a bad team this year, the only two reasons I really hope we win this weekend are: 1. I hate KSU with a passion that is only close to the one with iowa, and 2. I really want the seniors to win this road game.

20. Palmer

Palmer Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Male
    Education
    Johnston, IA
    We will win!