If only we could tackle and be aggresive on defense...

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ISUFan22, Oct 14, 2006.

1. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    We'd be in this football game. OU executes well on offense, yet they're not doing anything that special.

We're just missing tackle, after tackle, after tackle. And that's on one play. Very embarassing.

And...far too much waiting...standing still on defense...letting the ball carrier come to them - vs. actually getting up field and attacking.

*sigh*

2. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    I agree, no one steps forward to make a big hit, they let them come and just try to arm tackle them and 60-70% of the time get burned.

3. ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Finally....some better play in the 2nd half. And unlike last week...OU is not really letting up in the 2nd half.

4. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Now if our offense could put up a few points..

5. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    Tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle.

That gets annoying to watch...

Do our D-backs know how to use their arms when tackling? I hate those "I'll just give into his legs" tackle.

6. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    We have said that every single week. No exceptions this week either.

I guess this isn't going to be the game where "we put it all together". :rolleyes5cz:

7. MaxPower57

MaxPower57 Active Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Yeah, it is extremely frustrating. Caleb Berg is not a D-1 safety. People talk about inexperience and what not, but I'm not so sure if these guys will ever be that talented. We'll see if returning starters: Parker, Rubin, Frere, Braaksma, Bowen, McKenzie, Carper, Banks, Singleton, Berg, Johnson, and Ja. Smith get any better, I just don't see them getting that much better. And our one returning O-Lineman, Tom Schmeling, is the most pathetic part of an already pathetic offensive line. It is time for a change, and a fresh start.

8. ColoradoClone

ColoradoClone Active Member

Apr 6, 2006
    I think Fisher has been the most dissappointing for me. Regardless, I like the play of Banks, Bowen, and McKenzie a lot, and feel there is improvement on Defense. We need to stop allowing quick scores to end the half, but half time adjustments have been good, and pressure on the QB is improving. I wish I could see the same improvements on Offense. I feel if they could sustain a drive, we wouldn't hear the complaining we do about our young defense.

9. Chris

Chris Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Hired Gun
    Houston
    Agreed ISUFan22, I don't think OU is all that great. After our first TD I thought we might now be in sinc and could continue to score on them and it would be a high scoring game. But unfortunately, we were too many 3 & outs... how could we look so good on one drive and not so great on all of the others...

10. ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, we had our chances - plenty of them.

Again we can't get the offense moving. Again we give up a score right before the half.

Same song, different verse.

11. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Dropped passes on third down and one missed block by stephonson resulted in three punts. Except for last punt, punting was the highlight for the day.

12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Question of the football year: can anyone in our secondary intercept a pass? Our linebacketrs have more interceptions. LONG YEAR.