I need a NBA team

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by cyhawkdmb, Oct 25, 2013.

1. cyhawkdmb

cyhawkdmb Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    I want to follow the NBA. I have never had a favorite NBA team. Maybe for a little while I sort of liked the TWolves.. IDK. Sell me on what team I should follow.

Maybe if OKC keeps DG they would be a good choice.

2. klamath632

klamath632 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    I would have advocated the Utah Jazz, but then they chose Deron Williams over Jerry Sloan, so they are dead to me now.

It's been rigged for decades, anyway. I finally wised up and stopped giving them my dough for parking, tickets, concessions, apparel... hell, I don't even watch on TV anymore. **** the NBA.

3. NATEizKING

NATEizKING Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hilton
    I'm waiting for an ISU great to be a stud before I have a favorite team.

4. CyJack13

CyJack13 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Golden St, they will get up and down the floor and score a lot of points. Curry is fun to watch and Harrison Barnes could be in for a big year.

5. Triggermv

Triggermv Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Energy Trader
    Marion, IA
    No you don't

6. ISUME

ISUME Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    DA BULLS
    [​IMG]

7. JohnnyFive

JohnnyFive Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Been a lifelong NBA fan myself. If you're starting from scratch though, Minnesota has a team that will be very fun to watch for the next 5 years if they stay together.

8. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    Yeah, I'd take a couple weeks and see if the urge passes. You don't want to rush into something as serious as watching the NBA without thinking about it.

9. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    I'd be down with another bulls supporter, but as long as you don't pick Miami your cool.

10. Buster28

Buster28 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2011
    University Archives
    Ames
    Think I saw something just a few minutes ago that Diante got waived by OKC. Personally, you can find something better to watch/get involved with than the NBA. But if you HAVE to, make it Golden State for reasons stated above. Plus, Oakland needs you.

11. Cyclonin

Cyclonin Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I like watching any teams as long as its fun to watch. As mentioned above GS and MIN are young and fast. As Rulzzz said, don't pick the heat.

I plan on going to some Mavs games this year, but lets be honest, they suck. I will try and go when good teams play here.

12. ZJohnson

ZJohnson Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Snottsdale, AZ
    I second DA BULLS. D Rose looks to be somehow quicker than before his injury and his jumper is 10x better. He could challenge LBJ for a MVP if he continues to play this well. The best part about DA BULLS is that they actually play the game the way it's supposed to be played...defense first. Every player gives 110% all game, and that comes straight from Coach Thibs. Coach Thibs and CFH are very similar guys in some aspects and he is an easy guy to like. I have found myself watching more and more of their games because of guys like D Rose and Noah. Noah plays with more energy and heart than anyone in the NBA. If he played for an opposing team, I would hate him. Deng is one of the more underrated players in the game and Jimmy Butler is quickly become a star. If I were you I would start cheering for them but I may be a little bias!

13. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Accountant
    Altoona
    I actually like not having a favorite team, that way I can pick any team to root for once the playoffs start and if that team gets eliminated I can just pick another team.

If you must pick a team, I'd watch a few games of teams you think you might like and just pick the one you like watching the most.

The Clippers could be an interesting team this year.

14. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Sixers. If you can get through this year which will be historically bad. They will likely have a top 3 pick and another lottery pick from New Orleans in a loaded draft. They also have Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel to grow with. They will also have a crap ton of cap space (Kevin Love Im hoping).

15. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I'm partial, but I think I'd just stick with Minnesota. They are one of the few teams left this year that won't feel like you're jumping on an established bandwagon, but will still be fun to watch and competitive.

16. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Not even close.

17. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    Pick the Cavs, seriously. Buy low on them and watch them become a legit contender. You won't have to feel like a dirty bandwagoner.

The have Kyrie at PG, a legit superstar.
    Dion Waiters at SG, promising young scorer.
    Not sure what they are doing at SF, maybe the rookie 1st rounder Karasev?
    But then they have top 5 pick Tristan Thompson and #1 pick Anthony Bennett at PF, tons of potential.
    At C you have Andrew Bynum who is a top 5 center in the league when you get him to actually play and you have Anderson Varejao who may be one of the NBAs most under rated players.

Off the bench you have Jarrett Jack, Tyler Zeller, Alonzo Gee, and two of the guys I listed above at PF and C.

Not to mention they have 5 (!) first round draft picks in the next 2 years and 4 second rounders.

18. cyclonez7

cyclonez7 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames/Coralville
    Pick the Heat. They win.

19. ZJohnson

ZJohnson Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Snottsdale, AZ
    I didn't mean coaching style and I should have explained that. I know Thibs is a defensive mastermind and CFH is an offensive mastermind, but what I was getting at was that they are both young coaches that were questioned when they entered their position and are proving ALL of the doubters wrong. They both get 100% out of their guys and take **** from no one. What I see in both of them are hungry guys that want nothing more than to beat the **** out of you for 40/48 min and leave you crying to your mommy after the game.

20. CRAZYGREG

CRAZYGREG Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Des Moines
    The NBA is absolutely horrible - Do yourself a favor and do not pick a team.