I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

Discussion in 'In-State Rivals' started by ameslurker, Mar 19, 2017.

1. HawkeyeMashup

HawkeyeMashup Active Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    Not impossible at all. Could totally have happened that way.

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    So why are you getting your panties in a twist over who committed first? It's possible that Hogue let Fran know he wouldn't be taking his offered scholarship, so Fran accepted Jok's commit. Which ended up being a good move by Fran.

Hogue then spent the next week thinking about his commitment and signed with ISU. Not that hard to understand that it could be possible.

3. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Fran was watching Hogue play while Jok was on campus for his OV. Hogue told him he wasn't going to Iowa and Fran offered Jok. It's not a secret and was played out pretty publicly

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    My panties aren't in a bunch. @Gunnerclone calles me liar when I said Pete committed to Iowa before Hogue did to ISU.

5. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    Link? I follow Iowa sports as close as anyone and I had never heard this. I know for a fact that Iowa was really close to offering Morgan over Jok.

Also did ISU ever even offer Jok? I mean why are IsU fans all made that I would say Jok wanted to go to Iowa as he didn't even have a ISU offer.

6. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    In no way did he say you were lying about when Jok commited. He said you were incorrect in stating that Iowa took Jok over Hogue, which you stated below.

Then you doubled down questioning how Iowa could have wanted Hogue more but took the Jok commitment. Where you obviously failed to consider the possibility that Hogue could have rejected the offer before committing to Iowa State.

7. Hawkmi1987

Hawkmi1987 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    While it is possible that Hogue tells Fran he isn't coming to Iowa, I don't find that to be the most logical explanation as to what might have happened.

The fact is Jok committed to Iowa before Hogue did ISU, it is just as likely that Iowa was done waiting on Hogue and felt good about Pete. Plus I also know for a fact that Iowa was down to deciding between Morgan and Jok. The offer went out to Jok and he accepted. If he wouldn't have accepted Iowa felt great about Morgan as well and would have eventually moved onto him.

9. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Ok, and even if this is the scenario, it's still possible that they wanted Hogue over Jok. They just weren't willing to wait on Hogue anymore like you said.

Either way there's no way you can definitively say that Iowa wanted Jok over Hogue. That's why Gunner vehemently disagreed with your statement.

10. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    ISU offered Morgan but didn't offer Jok because of the Lefty Moore situation. I'm not sure if ISU would have offered Jok in the Fall period regardless. It was well discussed Jok was on his visit at Iowa and Fran went to watch Hogue. Hogue said no, Fran went back to Iowa City and offered Jok and he committed right after

11. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    If it was well documented, just shoot me the link so I can read about it. Should be pretty easy if this was all well documented.

12. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    Fine and good, I'm not sure why @Gunnerclone has to come at me calling me a liar. This is recruiting, and I can tell you that unless a coach is on here posting, there isn't a poster here who knows for a fact how it all went down.

13. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    Says the person that tried to tell everyone how it all went down to start this mess in the first place. Go away. It's the offseason now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    It was well DISCUSSED... on a message board. There weren't stories about it posted on a specific site.

If you can search for a particular topic and easily find the exact statement you were looking for from 4 to 5 years ago, then be my guest.

15. YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Pretty sure Fran offered Jok at Valley after watching him at an open gym.

16. YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. IASTATE07

IASTATE07 Active Member

May 30, 2016
  18. SplitIdentity

SplitIdentity Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Student, future teacher
    Ames
    Well at least the players themselves aren't asshats. That's nice. Looks like plenty of fans forget that they're talking about college kids.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
    Sure it does, @CyTwins said Fran offered Jok in IC after being shot down by Hogue.

The linked article says otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. IASTATE07

IASTATE07 Active Member

May 30, 2016
    Meh, Fran still made a last push for Dustin.