I Dream of Genie Wish List .............

Discussion in 'Football' started by Balrog, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Balrog

Balrog Active Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Salesman/Installer
    Des Moines
    #1 Balrog, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    Things are a little slow tonight so............. a bit of stupid fun.

You are Gene Chizik. You have fourteen recruits and are looking to recruit approximately ten more players for next years season.
    You can wrinkle once, for an offensive player and wrinkle once for a defensive player. For whom do you wrinkle? For whom does your nose toll? What does your nose know?
    Jon Lechner and Mike Marry?
    Take your time. You are making very good money.:wink:

Go Cyclones:yes:

2. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Mike Marry and James Carpenter.

3. CYVADER

CYVADER Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Sales
    Cornfields

i second that

4. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    I take it the rules include uncommitted guys whom we have offered.....

Corey Gaines and James Carpenter

I guess I think DT is more of a need than LB. I also wouldn't mind getting those Geffard twins as safeties....but I couldn't pick just one.

5. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Only one of each? Samantha Stephens could wiggle her nose for two offenseive and two defensive recruits! :wink: The original Samantha Stephens, not Nicole Kidman.

6. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    "Wrinkle" my nose a third time (that was Bewitched, Balrog), and I'll take Money Reynolds.

A fourth, and I'll just take Barbara Eden home with me. :biggrin:

7. Gordyo5

Gordyo5 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Glenwood / Ames
    Well if I could basically wish any recruit would sign I might as well go with Bryce Brown (#1 RB) and Devon Kennard (#1 DE). Now if I had to go with people we are currently recruiting I would have to agree with the 2 listed above.

8. arganbright2

arganbright2 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    3rd that!!!

Linebackers and DT's. Carpenter is a good OL recruit but I have a feeling that we might be switching Haughton to the D-Line

9. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.

Middle linebacker is hugely more a need than defensive tackle. For one thing, the two middle linebackers will both be seniors, for another...well, that's sufficient.

10. Balrog

Balrog Active Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Salesman/Installer
    Des Moines
    My gosh, when you get as old as I am you just get so............confused. The gene/genie and nose metaphor works so much better than a nod. Thanks for getting it straight.

Go Cyclones.:yes:

11. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    Carpenter would be huge. If I had a gun to my head and it was Gaines or Marry, I'm probably going Gaines. Line play has hurt us more than LB this year...

12. Balrog

Balrog Active Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Salesman/Installer
    Des Moines
    I know I'm going to get ripped for this but, if/when Reynolds becomes part of the family, what would be wrong with putting him on the defensive side of the ball? I assume his frame could stand an extra 15 or 20 pounds? Would one of you football guys tell me why he couldn't play safety or corner or even linebacker for that matter? Is this a crazy notion?

Go Cyclones:yes:

13. TheCity

TheCity Active Member

Jul 8, 2008
    The City, VA to CA
    Truthfully he could play Safety, he loves contact, but evidently you've never seen what he can do with the ball in his hands? 2 days away!

14. djkent01

djkent01 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Accountant
    Des Moines, IA
    I'll take Money for starters. We need one more guy that can really make game changing plays, the OL another year of development - and the offense will be potent with what we've got coing back. Potent.

I don't know all of the recruits names, but we need a rush DE, a fast MLB, and a good safety. We get those things and we make a serious run at the North in '09.

15. Cardinal&Gold11

Cardinal&Gold11 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    We really do need some playmakers. It doesn't matter what side of the ball they are on

16. dosry5

dosry5 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Johnston

I feel the same way about the Olsen twins.....

17. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    Unless those guys are JUCO guys they are probably not going to make an impact next year...

18. djkent01

djkent01 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Accountant
    Des Moines, IA
    You're probably right about that, but I'm not necessarily hoping for beasts at this point - just decent improvement. With Money on that offense we'll score more than enough to win - and just a solid improvement with a little more skill and the growth of the returners and the defense will improve enough to get us off the field much more often.

I'm not looking for an SEC defense - yet - I'll save that for '10....

19. 2forISU

2forISU Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    ISU needs playmakers and I think Money will help us a lot on that issue. Spread the defense out and make them think about the deep threat. I hope he has great hands.

Our O-line will be solid next year. They need another year in the weight room. We need a lot of help on defense. Marry is a must.

20. TheCity

TheCity Active Member

Jul 8, 2008
    The City, VA to CA
    :yes: