Hilarious TexAgs Video/Thread

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by motorCYcle, Nov 30, 2011.

1. motorCYcle

motorCYcle Active Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Ames, Iowa
    TexAgs.com - A&M Football
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hSWosoQg8w[/ame]

Notes about the video:

-Texas WR accumulates mass by sweating (3:13)
    -Texas WR's momentum has the units of lbs/m/s (3:37)
    -Acquires speed of receiver, down to the hundredth at 7.62 m/s (3:08)
    -Cites "Leaning into WR" as "textbook procedures" to defend yourself, while making no note of the WR clearly pulling up
    -Dr. Noah "Knowledge of Physics" Dean has a degree in Kinesiology and Motor Neuroscience

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyBer

CyBer Guest

The nerd in me laughed, but the non nerd in me killed the nerd in me and now I'm not a nerd anymore. Thanks for that video.

3. KaiserWilhelm

KaiserWilhelm Member

Nov 11, 2010
    i lol'd at "Basic physics = Inevitable collision."

4. stateofmind

stateofmind Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Male
    IT
    Ankeny
    I'm thinking that the ref just forgot to carry the one...

On another note, I'm sure they won't see any bad calls like that when they play against Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, etc.

Good ridden you whiners.

5. PabloDiablo

PabloDiablo Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Physical Therapist
    Omaha, NE
    #5 PabloDiablo, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    A large portion of study under the "Kinesiology" umbrella is Biomechanics which refers to the study of physics applied to the human body. Just saying.

It's still stupid though.

*/after finishing this post, PabloDiablo pushed his glasses back into the correct position on his face and returned to rolling for his turn in Dungeons and Dragons... nerd

6. LeaningCy

LeaningCy Active Member

Jan 18, 2008
    I think that's the point. He has a PhD and still doesn't know the subject.

7. That bogus flag inevitably cost them the game.

If it happened to ISU and cost the Clones a game we would all be behind this sort of presentation.

8. ISU_phoria

ISU_phoria Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Construction Project Mana
    Andover, MN
    Not to add to the nerdery, but didn't he use pounds (lbs) as a unit of mass? Pretty sure lbs measure weight, not mass!

I just love it when you talk nerdy to me!

9. isutrevman

isutrevman Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Student
    Ames, IA
    You don't have to be smart to see that it was a very bad call. The receiver should at least end up on the ground to draw a personal foul. He just brushed him.

10. drmwevr08

drmwevr08 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    I thought that was a pretty awesome analysis. Definitely shows that the type of call they are asked to make is not very easy. Looks like they got it wrong in this case.

11. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    #11 jbhtexas, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    Well then, here you go...

Pound can be mass or force(weight).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(mass)

The good ol' IP system...

W = g/gc * m
    W = lbf
    m = lbm
    g = 32.2 ft/s^2 (varies sligthly on Earth with location)
    gc = 32.2 lbm*ft/lbf/s^2 (constant)

12. digZ

digZ Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

The call was chincy, but it was right. Maybe it makes it tough for aggy to swallow, but I give them no sympathy. If they thought Texas threw their power around in the B12, hope they enjoy the lack of favor they get in the SEC.

If Hunter had pulled off into a different direction to avoid further contact instead of slowing down and lowering his head, no call would have been made. He made a mistake, it may have cost his team the game, get over it. I love the fact that this call and game result is going to eat A&M up for the next decade, or until they ever get to play Texas again. It's absolutely hilarious, and I love it.

13. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    Yep. Great post. The call was almost questionable, and when it's in question it is supposed to be called.

14. CyBer

CyBer Guest

In that clip it looks like he is targeting him with his head.

15. Naughtius

Naughtius Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Central IA
    Funny, and pathetic. Rep to OP.
    I like how he described the game situation as if it were significant. I thought penalties were penalties, regardless?
    I didn't make it through the video. Too pathetic. Did he ever come back to the point about the fact that, when in doubt, hitting with the crown is a foul?
    Finally, I coach YOUTH football. Did he seriously say that lowering your head was textbook defensive posture? I teach my 9-year olds to go into every collision with their grill up, not down. His posture makes the odds of him getting a neck injury skyrocket.
    Jackwagon.

16. Clonehomer

Clonehomer Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Pound Mass is typically given the abreviation lbm. It has also been my experience that only mechanical engineers in thermodynamics use this unit. Everyone else uses slugs which makes more sense when compared to SI units. But then again, I don't understand why we still use the English system at all.

17. motorCYcle

motorCYcle Active Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Ames, Iowa
    As someone else said, the ridiculous part is that the guy clearly does not understand physics at all. He also mentioned something about "bone-crushing" momentum. Aside from the fact that WR's momentum had nothing to do with the the play, a train moving at .01 m/s has more momentum than that football player, and I wouldn't consider it "bone-crushing".

18. RiverCy

RiverCy New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubuque
    I would like to dedicate this post to Trent Hunter.

19. jsmith86

jsmith86 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cedar Rapids
    French Chemical Engineers back in the 40's apparently loved it. Which is weird. As if translating this paper I'm reading from french to english wasn't bad enough. Oh wait. Nevermind. They were from Quebec. That explains everything.

20. geburgess

geburgess Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
    WDSM, IA
    Too long, didn't watch. Thank you for the summary.