**** Haws recent thoughts on Bubu Palo

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by 8bitnes, Jun 23, 2014.

1. 8bitnes

8bitnes Member

Nov 21, 2010
    For a journalist and a professor to write such a letter based on sketchy, at best, "evidence" is troublesome. He received an unmarked envelope which contained what he describes "appears to be ISU President Steven Leath's examination of the Palo matter". Then, he goes on to spout out the contents and the Ames Tribune had the audacity to print it.

Anyone could have sent that envelope. Anyone could have fabricated the contents within. It is not hard at all to create an authentic looking letter, e-mail, or website. Simply asked those fooled into submitting passwords online.

http://www.printfriendly.com/print/?source=site&url=http%3A%2F%2Famestrib.com%2Fopinion%2Fpalo-lawsuit-against-accuser-surprise

Further, Mr. Haws lives within a short jog (<1.5 miles) from the childhood home of the accuser. This whole thing smells.

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Professional Grass Kicker
    La La Land
    I think there's a male genital joke somewhere in there

3. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
  4. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    What an unfortunate name.

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Looks like a local retiree to the rescue for the administration. Looks like he has opened pandora's box also on himself. This is CSI:Ames. He must be feeling his oaties.

6. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I rarely have sources. However I will say I have been told by somebody who knows more than anybody here that there were very good reasons why leath did what he did. They didn't go in to detail and I didn't ask.

Regardless my life will likely be improved by never hearing about palo or this case ever again.

7. CYKOFAN

CYKOFAN Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Seems like one side has tried to use the press to promote their case. If it's going to go to trial, let the facts come out in court and the chips fall where they may.

8. CycloneWanderer

CycloneWanderer Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Male
    Leadership Development
    Wandering
    I would imagine a retired journalist would at least attempt to authenticate the documents he has before writing about them. Why was information about such an attempt not included in this writing? Even a statement along the lines of: "the administration would not comment on the authenticity of the document" would be more than what we have (at least we would know someone at least tried to authenticate it).

9. DandyCyclone

DandyCyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Future CF Mod
    Western Iowa
    If I were him, I'd go by Richard.

10. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    I'm picturing some kind of Dr. Moreau-ian human/donkey genital hybrid, and because of Rule 34, I'm sure pictures of that already exist.

So... I guess I'll be back in a few minutes.

11. RubyClone

RubyClone Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    So, he claims he received information, wrote about it to a public medium and attached his name to it.

Sounds like a 1000 times a day occurrence on this website, save one of the above details.....

12. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Hmmm. I wonder where the package came from? So much for his objective journalism. If he were teaching one of his classes, I think he would call for full disclosure of the document, not just his elective references from it.

13. ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Professional Pongid Pundit
    traipsing thru the treetops
    This ^^^

Additionally, I'm a little confused by his 7th paragraph. I thought that the matter went to President Leath because the administrative law judge went through all the documents & heard testimony, and ruled that there were not sufficient grounds to uphold misconduct charges. Leath "said he reviewed all of the exhibits, etc" from Judicial affairs, which had recommended expulsion.

There's a contradiction there.

14. CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
    I'm not doubting that you heard something however that's an easy game to play that kind of reminds me of how Morgan was ran out of town. That's why if this goes to trial it will be either good or bad that the administration gets the opportunity to tell what it knows and if it's anything more than the county attorney and judges already knew.

15. CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
    Not quite the same as being published in the newspaper.

16. MartyFine

MartyFine Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Warren Co., IA
    This person has no idea how the criminal or civil justice system works in this country. Someone actually paid him as a professional journalist at some point?

17. Incyte

Incyte Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Just curious as to what you are basing this on.

18. RubyClone

RubyClone Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    He's not paid (at least not that I can see) by the Tribune. This is an opinion piece. Nothing more, nothing less. You guys can send in whatever you want as well.

And furthermore, I don't really see him issuing much of an opinion on the matter other than a concern that future victims may not pursue justice because of possible civil action. A concern I have too.

19. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Based on what? He seems to know what he is talking about from what I read.

He didn't leak this to the Trib. Its an opinion piece.

20. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Enginerd
    Johnston
    Did anybody else think this was a thread about unsavory hawkeye fans? :jimlad: