hawkeye fans at UNLV game.

Discussion in 'Football' started by ripvdub, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    We parked in a empty lot about 4 hours before game time and the only other people there were some morons wearing black n gold and had Hawkeye car flags on their cars. The sad thing was there was about 12 or so of them. They choose to cheer for the home team and were *****. We kept on bring up the Pitt game, but they didnt want to hear it.

One of our friends from texas went out to the car at halftime and thanked them by taking their car flags. I dont support it, but they deserve it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    I went to the Iowa @ ASU game a few yrs ago and cheered hard for ASU. I didn't wear Cyclone gear in the process, though. I'll never understand why Iowa fans wear their crap EVERYWHERE they go. Mix it up once in awhile for crying out loud.

3. MontyBurns

MontyBurns Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2008
    That's simple. They don't own anything else.

4. troyrew

troyrew Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Athletic Director
    Las Vegas
    I have a few friend in vegas they are iowa fans why would they go there and cheer for the local team and get after their rival?

5. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    No offense but diehards here wear their ISU stuff everywhere too so are we idiots for doing the same? I wear my ISU stuff proudly when I go somewhere on a trip so I can't blame Hawk fans for doing the same. Find it ironic how they'd go to a UNLV game just to cheer against ISU though...

6. uro cy

uro cy Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    There....fixed it

7. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I don't have a problem with ISU fans wearing their gear. That's what fans do.

It's the people that wear Team A gear to an event that has Team B vs. Team C, and do it just to get a rise out of the fans of either Team B or Team C.

Mostly, it's Iowa fans wearing their Hawk crap to an ISU/non-Iowa game in Ames. Or Iowa fans wearing their Hawk crap to the ISU/UNLV game, in Vegas, while their team is playing halfway across the country. And it's done intentionally.

You won't see me wearing ISU gear to the Iowa/Northwestern game in Kinnick. That's just stupid. You'd see me either in neutral (no team logo) gear, or in Northwestern attire.

8. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Great, so now the EIU fans can talk about how crappy ISU fans are and that they steal stuff.

9. bmuff

bmuff Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Sorry, but those guys deserved it. I wouldn't mess with a car with hok gear in Ames (for ISU/iowa). But that is going out of your way to rub it in or cheer against ISU. I'd take those flags too.

10. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Yeah, and if the roles were reversed you be on this board complaining how Hawkeye fans suck and are a bunch of ********.

Grow up people.

• Like Like x 1
  11. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    I have been to a lot of Iowa games when they aren't playing ISU and NOT ONCE have I seen an idiot ISU fan wearing ISU gear to the game. You stay classy Iowa.

12. mharder

mharder Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Office Manager
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    I went to the Sweet 16 games in San Jose one year that involved Oklahoma and Missouri among others. I chose to wear my Cyclone hat to get a rise out of them, mostly the Missouri fans. I never spoke a word just let my hat work it’s magic. Between bars I stumbled upon a gathering of Missouri fans in the lobby of a hotel having some pre-game cocktails. I walked in, just to see how I would be received. It was like I was the Elephant Man. Everyone moved away from me and continued to sneer at me until I left, about 15 minutes later. Their discomfort was priceless.

13. cyclonekj

cyclonekj Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    It might not have been the hat.

14. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Bossing around Iowa fans
    Des Moines
    They do suck, and they are a bunch of ********! No role reversal required

15. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Hey, he wasn't stealing, he was removing litter. The city of Las Vegas ought to be grateful... :wink:

16. Ames

Ames Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Sounded like it could have been a Texas fan...

17. IowaGuy

IowaGuy Member

Sep 15, 2008
    How is bringing up the Pitt game suppose to do anything when you lost to Iowa the week before? I would think it obvious that you should avoid trying to rub in a 1 point loss on the road when Iowa fans could easily come back with beating you by 12. You should want Iowa to win so that you don't look like you got beat by 12 points by a bunch of chumps. lol

You'd be better off wasting less time hating on Iowa and instead spending more time concentrating on your own team, they have some raw talent finally, so your support is needed more now than ever. :yes:

18. theodore

theodore Member

Sep 24, 2008

rip...so.....what's worse, a kid getting a Paula/public intox or an adult committing theft from an automobile? Sneaking back to the parking lot to steal the flags kinda seems a bit immature in my opinion. Sounds like maybe you should just get better at giving back a little smack talk and let it go.

19. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny

I was kid when I got an OWI , and let me tell you, its a million times worse than stealing a $15 flag while you are hammered.

Plus, i didnt bother talking any crap to them, I get enough from Hawgeye losers here at home, im not gonna waste time on my vacation on them. I just find it entertaining that they didnt have anything better to do in LV.:elvis:

20. sloaner

sloaner Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianola, IA
    actually the vegas I club had about 50 members at the game with the sole intent of rooting against ISU fans. that was straight from the vegas club coordinator
    Posted via Mobile Device