Have to love the call-in show

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by trigger1, Feb 28, 2011.

1. trigger1

trigger1 Member

May 21, 2008
    Ames
    "Hey coach, what are you going to do next year so we have a better chance of winning these close games?"

"Well Denny, we're going to try and score more points than the other team."

:biglaugh:

2. Thompsonclone

Thompsonclone Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    What else have they talked about? Anything about transfers or incoming recruits? I missed it again:mad:

3. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Denny is a piece of work

4. trigger1

trigger1 Member

May 21, 2008
    Ames
    Was only paying sporadic attention, didn't catch any real big news about transfers/recruits. It's just the off the wall comments that caught my ear.

As John Walters just said (during Coach Fennelly's segment), it's been a cornucopia of comments tonight. This came right after a caller just asked John if he knew anything about incoming wrestling recruits and the next caller wanted to tell Coach Fred to warn the team when they go to Italy to watch out and be careful because Italy is the pickpocket capital of the world. :rolleyes:

Guess it's a good things we have concerned fans.

5. jtm

jtm Member

Mar 31, 2006

6. jtm

jtm Member

Mar 31, 2006
    So tell us what you would ask Coach Hoiberg. You sound somewhat intelligence ?

7. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Did Diamond Dave offer an approval level?

8. cymonson

cymonson Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. gocubs2118

gocubs2118 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Student
    Illinois
    I'd ask him, "How much wood could a wood chuck, chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood."

10. fatkid1974

fatkid1974 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    network technician
    van down by the river
    Think we found Denny. :jimlad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. jsb

jsb Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2008
    God bless those coaches who do the call-in show. Hopefully our fanbase isn't as stupid as they appear.

My personal favorite is Bob from North Carolina who always manages to get in the fact that his kid plays soccer. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times.

12. JUKEBOX

JUKEBOX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Love it.:yes:

13. colbycheese

colbycheese Well-Known Member

I actually know the guy personally. He comes to all of our gamewatches. Apparently his kid is pretty good. Just won the 3A state championship a few months back. They're scouting him out for some scholarships right now.

Bob calls in a lot I take it?

14. Cy's Taxi

Cy's Taxi Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Wow, dude. Wow. I don't even.... ugh.... wow.

15. jsb

jsb Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2008

I'm sure he is a good guy.

But I am guessing that every coach knows that Bob's kid plays soccer. It comes up in every call he makes. He asks if the team got flu shots? His kids soccer team got flu shots. He asks about how teams prepare for games---he tells you how the soccer team does it. He says he wasn't able to listen to the football game due to his son's soccer game. I'd give anything for one of them to ask him about the soccer game before he brings it up. All of those coaches have to know it is coming.

My funniest Bob story was a few weeks ago. He calls in and says that Jamie reminds him of Christian Laetner out of Duke. Fred says yes, but Jamie is more of a big man who plays like a guard and Laetner was a true post. Bob argued with Fred for a long time about it. They went back and forth quite a bit.

16. I wish he and fans would quit mentioning his heart condition. It makes me worried every time it's mentioned. Just keep it under control with your doctors and quit making us fans nervous about it!!

17. colbycheese

colbycheese Well-Known Member

Ya we're definitely talking about the same guy here. Bob's great. He's a Duke fan when they aren't playing ISU so the Christian Laetner comment doesn't surprise me.

Being the person trying to get a solid group of fans built up here in Raleigh/Durham, I'm glad to have guys like Bob. He's only missed gamewatches that overlapped his son's soccer games.

18. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    His son plays soccer?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Frak

Frak Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Male
    I wish that there were better call screening for those shows. Denny and Dave are embarassing. I used to make fun of Tommy from Des Moines. Can't say much now.

20. majorcyfan

majorcyfan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Male
    Retired Sales Mgr
    Are we talking Denny from Clear Lake and Diamond Dave? I don't get to listen to the Call in show