Alert: Have to get rid of the "like" feature for a while

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-likes-so-i-put-a-like-button-in-your-like-button-so-you-can-like-while-you-like.jpg

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
17 pages for something as trivial as "likes" on a message board.... good lord....

Has anyone check on Rulzzz? Not sure how he'll manage without getting his posts liked.
I am completely in awe of the fact that you use 15 posts per page.

terryleebr

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry guys. I hate to do this but we are going to have to get rid of our "like" feature for the time being. The good news is that Sam (and Jeremy) both believe that there might be a work-around to get it back in the near future.

Why get rid of it? The program that supports it has gone out of business. By having it on the site (along with a few other things that you don't realize even exist), it is a security risk and also sucks space out of our server.

Our traffic has been INSANE over the last six months or so and keep the site safe, secure and speedy are my priorities at this time.

Thank you for understanding.

Sam will be online working tonight from midnight to 2 so if there is a brief downtime during that period, that is why.

Smart. Very smart.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
This thread is the perfect example of why low effort posts should result in a temporary suspension of posting ability.