Harbaugh to KU

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by cycloneworld, Dec 11, 2009.

1. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    According to footballcoachscoop.com who has a pretty good record on these things.

Kansas:
    FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS and the FIRST TO REPORT that Stanford Head Coach Jim Harbaugh is negotiating a contract with Athletic
    Director Lew Perkins to be the new Head Coach of the Kansas Jayhawks. Our sources tell us that Harabugh will be named the new Head Coach at KU
    when the contract details are worked out and finalized this weekend. According to our source he will be paid between $2.5 Million and 2.75 Million.

http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

2. bufante

bufante Active Member

Nov 27, 2006
    DMI
    Wow. I thought I read somewhere that Tubberville had put his name in?

3. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    The folks on the KU scout board have been screwing with the guy at this website for some time, going back to the mangino firing stories.

4. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    If true, this is a big shock...I just never saw him going there.

5. Scott34

Scott34 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Cedar Rapids
    Wow!!! This is huge if true! Bowlsby just said last week that he wasn't going anywhere.

6. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    If true, seems like a lateral move at best. Surely Stanford has more resources than KU? And they pounded the tar out of USC. Plus the Pac-10 treats all their schools with more dignity than does the Big 12.

7. Ficklone02

Ficklone02 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    CPA
    City by the Bay
    I predict the next link off that website concerning this will be, "Harbaugh gets extension, raise to stay at Stanford".

8. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I don't like that if true.

9. Billups06

Billups06 Member

Apr 18, 2006
    That would be a real nice hire for KU if it is true.

10. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    The website has been right for about every coaching job except for the ND job.

If true, that says a lot about KU's AD financial state...supposedly giving Harbaugh between $2.5M and $2.75M.

11. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    They also said Hawkins was fired. That site takes everything it gets and throws it up.

12. pyrocyz

pyrocyz Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Ames

Which means the football program will still play second fiddle to the basketball team. They would need to implode phog allen to get people to forget about KU basketball.

13. gwoodclone

gwoodclone Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2007
    I would be shocked if this is true. It would make absolutely no sense what-so-ever. Why would Harbaugh leave Stanford for KU of all places?

But if they are right, that isn't good for the rest of us in the North.

14. Cyclone_Grav

Cyclone_Grav Active Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Des Moines
    If true what a dumb move by harbaugh. why would you leave stanford for seems like a lateral move at best? he's got 14 starters coming back from an 8-4 team and seeing as how his team has improved every year hes been coach they could potentially contend for the pac 10 title next year. additionally hes got a great recruiting class coming in and stanford is in the middle of prime recruiting territory. I see no positives for him to go to kansas at all which makes me shake my head at this one.

15. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    I don't like it either, I was hoping KU football would roll-over and die.

16. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield
    I hope it's true...harbaugh does not scare me a bit.

17. Sportstalkmatt

Sportstalkmatt Active Member

May 21, 2009
    KXnO Talk Show Host
    Des Moines
    Wife is from KC. More $$ and an easier place to recruit to for academics. Standford is hard like Harvard for grades and really tough for a school with such a small number of students to field a football team....I agree with the Palo Alto vs. Lawrence debate - but football wise - Kansas actually is a better job.

18. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield

Look, who ever they hire is going to have a good reputation. You don't get hired at a BCS school for the most part without it. The main question is do you really think Jim Harbaugh is the guy to make KU any better than they already are? I certainly don't think so...I think the guy is all smoke and mirrors. He's a 'name'.

19. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    If you're not concerned by a coach that has a pair of wins over USC and some other nice Ws on his resume, you're likely not concerned about anything - ever.

This guy is a great fit for the college game and seems to know exactly how to get his guys motivated - and properly manage games. In reality - that's all the HC has to do - motivate, manage games and then tack on hiring good assistants that actually do the coaching.

So far, Harbaugh fits that mold perfectly.

20. UNIGuy4Cy

UNIGuy4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Accountant
    Polk City
    He will be gone in 2 yrs anyway, he is waiting to get back to the Big 10! Although he wanted the ISU job when that was open.