Greatest trick plays on you tube

Discussion in 'Football' started by Knownothing, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    It's from I think last years College gameday. If you watch at the 2:55 mark it has Iowa State's fumble ruskie. I was at that game and they made that play illegal shortly after. Jim Waldon ran it a few times and it never not worked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEZmPlvZ3c]YouTube - Trick Plays - ESPN College Gameday - 09/29/07[/ame]

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    It's so funny, because I just watched this exact video last week and I had no idea that Iowa State was in there! And that's the one play that I had to go back and see again a couple of times when I watched in the first time. Thanks for pointing it out!

3. cyradio

cyradio Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Jim Walden was a genuis. I just wish he got more credit.

4. BigCycloneFan

BigCycloneFan Member

May 15, 2006
    East Coast
    Great trick play. I was at that game as well. Unfortunately, I believe we built a big half time lead and still lost. They should have also included the "huddle" onside kick. We made that work several times.

Walden was entertaining and had numerous trick plays for both the offense and special teams. Unfortunately, he hung his hat on the triple option after numerous quarterback injuries, and we never recovered.

I still like listening to Walden, but I do not believe we would have found the same success as we did under McCarney. It was time for a change, no different than it was time for a change at the end of the McCarney era.