Great insight into Jadda

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by acoustimac, May 27, 2013.

1. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
  2. moforisu

moforisu Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Male
    So set was Buckley on attending ISU that even before committing to the Cyclones as a sophomore, she wouldn’t return phone calls to other college coaches who were recruiting her.
    “I’m like, ‘Did you call?’” Mary said. “She’s like, ‘No. I just feel like I’m betraying ISU if I even make a phone call.’”

Now that's commitment. Can't wait to see her in an ISU uniform.
    Welcome Jada!

3. mitten1975

mitten1975 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Great article! I wonder how someone gets so motivated so young.

4. twistedredbird

twistedredbird Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Executive Director
    Midwest
    She is definitely going to have a great impact on ISU. Sometimes you just need that one player that will change the future and I hope for everyone it works out as hoped.

Article also demonstrates what a great ambassador Lyndsey is for ISU with young players.

5. StClone

StClone Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Good read acoustimac.

Hallie is my all-time favorite from Iowa WBB player ever because she has an easy-going-can-do-attitude. I trust as Hallie's career winds down, I will have shifted my gears to welcome Jadda's driven-must-do mindset. Will she push this team to higher goals? We have some athletes and I hope Jadda stirs the team chemistry to produce like, or beyond, anything we have experienced before.

6. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    I almost hate to make this comparison, but I can think of two point guards that seemed to be as driven as Jadda - Medders and Wilson. Medders was the consummate teammate while Wilson wasn't. The reason I point this out is that for Jadda to take this team to another level she needs to be like her mentor. That connection gives me great hope.