gotta hope okie state gets to the national

Discussion in 'Football' started by Knownothing, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Championship game and wins it. I realize bama is pretty much a lock but gundy said something ver true. Do you want to see a 9-6 national title game or a 37-35 national title game. It would he cool if okie state won it and we were the only team to beat them.

2. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I don't think that is a good argument. If I'm Gundy, I throw out the statistics of wins vs. Top 20 teams compared to Alabama, and make a case for the Big 12 being the best conference top to bottom.

3. Regardless of whether it's the Pokes or Bama, it's another log on the "we need a playoff" fire...and for that, I am oh so thankful.

4. Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
    Honestly he has no arguement. Its the sec. No way the sports hacks give tuem the nod

5. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    bama will get it unfortunately. Unless all non-sec voters decide to ignore the popular logic that bama is the hands-down #2 (not likely)

6. isuchicago

isuchicago Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Can't believe it, but I think Okie State gets in.. Va tech losing too was big. They were already 2 or 3 for the computer rankings but 5 in both polls, so they'll pass va tech and stanford in the polls and enough voters will be able to rationalize voting them #2 with the score tonight. A lot of those voters won't want a rematch and the computers loving them gives them a big edge.

7. Let's Go State

Let's Go State Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Far Western Iowa
    I think Osu has a shot now. There are enough stats out there to support them with vt and Houston folding and Alabama not playing. I think it will be close.

8. isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
    I think itll be controversial as ****..good chance they will be #3 in both polls but #2 in the only one that matters.

9. Rods79

Rods79 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Moines
    Alabama's resume doesn't = #2. You need to have LSU play someone outside of the SEC for the National Championship.

10. mikeiastat

mikeiastat Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Computer Programmer
    Madison, WI
    Isn't bama like 3-1 vs top 40? Or was it top 20? I don't think they are hands down #2. I def. lean towards OSU being better than bama. They had ever advantage to beat LSU and couldn't get it done. They missed many shots at it and proved they aren't #1. They have no excauses. They are supposed to have the best home field advantage in the country. Lost at home. Should be done. We have our answer for LSU/bama. Why not get the answer for the most legitamate contender.

11. KFitzy87

KFitzy87 Guest

I think of it this way... If a loss to ISU in double overtime is enough to keep OSU from jumping the rematch situation with Bama, then everyone seriously has it in for ISU. We made a bowl people... We're not a pushover like people make us out to be.

12. Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
    Bama lost at home. Okie state lost on the road.

13. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    LSU > BAMA

that's all OSU needs to say. Give OSU a shot!

14. cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    SEC Champ vs Big 12 Champ!!!

15. isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
    I can see both sides.. I get the "Bama had their chance" argument..but should they be punished because their one loss was against the other team in the championship? Ignoring that part of it, Bama lost to the #1 team in the country while OSU lost to an unranked team later in the year than Bama.. I'm all for OSU getting a shot for entertainments sake, just not sure they deserve it more.. and I definately don't think they're the better of the two teams..but the only way to know that is to give OSU the shot.. hmmm..I don't know what I think.

16. JUKEBOX

JUKEBOX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Teach me how to Gundy. Bedlam Edition.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gztVHrPXw&feature=player_embedded]DSC 0917 - YouTube[/ame]

17. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    Don't get hung up on the losses. Look at the teams they actually beat.

18. bosco

bosco Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    #18 bosco, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    Yep if there is a rematch it doesn't prove anything except that LSU or ALA is the best team in the SEC. Which we already know.

19. IowaStateClones

IowaStateClones Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Engineer
    So if Bama gets the chance and wins, how are they an actual champion? 1-1 against the team can not define a champion.

20. bosco

bosco Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    That is why OSU should be #2 because we don't know. We already know that LSU is better than ALA so we need to know if LSU is better than the next best team which is OSU.