Goodbye Seniors

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by chrishull14, Nov 17, 2007.

1. chrishull14

chrishull14 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Cyclone City
    Meyer finished his career with Iowa State school records of 10,422 in total offense and 9,499 in passing yards. He ranks third on the all-time Big 12 Conference chart in both categories. Fellow senior Todd Blythe's Cyclone career ended with career records of 176 catches for a record 3,096 yards and record 31 touchdowns. The duo combined for a school record 28 touchdown passes over the last four years, the second-most potent total in Big 12 history.

Alvin "Ace" Bowen finished his career with 287 tackles. Placekicker Bret Culbertson's successful extra-point made him a perfect 100-for-100 in his four-year career.

2. Cyclonick182

Cyclonick182 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Logistics
    Winter Haven, FL
    If only Blythe and Meyer couldve put a few more onto that TD total this year. :sad:

3. letsgostate

letsgostate Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Both want to play in the NFL. I think Blythe has a shot,not sure Meyer has a strong enough arm. Bowen looks like a good bet and Tuba has a shot. I wish them all well.

4. isufbcurt

isufbcurt Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Thanks for everything guys, all ISU fans appreciate your hard work and effort.

5. price26

price26 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2006
    CyRide Driver
    Ames, IA
    :notworthy:

A terrific four years, no doubt about it.

6. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    I can only imagine what Blythe and Meyer could've accomplished, not only in their 4 years here, but at the next level - if they would've been pushed harder all 4 years.

7. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    This will always be the lingering question about them forever in my mind.

However, they did what was expected of them and they produced for four years. It's not their fault their coaches didn't attempt to get the best out of them for their entire time here.

This was a rough year but it was a special group of seniors to keep this season together. This loss stings, but at least we aren't 1-11 Minnesota with Brewster.

8. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Amen...I'm glad we don't have Brewster...

[​IMG]

But then again, this Brewster I would take...

[​IMG]

9. IsUaClone2

IsUaClone2 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2006
    Retired
    In front of the computer
    Hear, hear!!!! I looked forward to hearing their names on YAHOO audio (as I live in Michigan and was only able to get back for one game a year which we always seem to lose) making a play always got me charged up. Although I'll miss these guys playing in an Iowa State uniform, I'd think we'll see them in some type of an All Star game at a minimum if not in the NFL. Bowen's attitude will take him on; Bret, and Todd to a lesser extent, will have to raise his swagger.

10. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    I just hope for their sake they aren't remembered for the way the played tonight... particuarly Meyer :no:

Anywhoz Thanks and good luck

11. Rogue52

Rogue52 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    During the 2004-05 time frame, if you had told me that Blythe and Meyer were going to end their senior season in November, I would have laughed at you.

But, there were some great moments along the way. For a 3-9 senior season, they had some nice games to take with them. A Senior Day win, a Cyclone Shocker against EIU, and some close calls against OU and MU.

Good Luck.

12. cyfan50438

cyfan50438 Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Garner, IA
    They performed to the best of their ability and had many great moments in the last 4 years. You need to remember that the last two years the underclass supporting ranks have been very thin in production which hampers consistent output. The early years the now seniors had many great players which made them much better, such as Stevie Hicks, Ellis Hobbs and Nick Leaders, etc.

Probably the best games by this group of seniors would have to be the Texas A&M game of 2005. the Iowa game of 2005. the bowl win in 2004 and even the Kansas State game this year.

13. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
    It is sad. Seems like four years ago I was looking forward to this season thinking that Blythe and Meyer would be putting 50 plus points per game.

14. Rudy Katoot

Rudy Katoot Member

Jul 11, 2006
    I don’t care if you have set records in your career or sat on the bench, I want to say thanks to all of the seniors.
    Rudy

15. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Great thread. Congratulations to all the seniors on a great year, and thanks for coming to ISU! I'll look forward to seeing Blythe and Bowen in the NFL, possibly Tuba. It was awesome to see an Atlantic high kid lead Iowa State for four years. Some of these guys brought us a co-Big 12 North championship, and if not for kicking, it would have been outright. Great job guys!