Game Announcers on TV

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by dmcy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. dmcy

dmcy Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Teacher/Coach
    Central Iowa Altoona pres
    Wow, just watched the game because of other committments and was wishing I recorded John Walters off the radio, too. That was terrible announcing. Blah, blah, blah. There were fouls called and they wouldn't even mention the play or who the foul was on.

2. sdsmith4

sdsmith4 Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Student
    Ames, Iowa
    yea McCausland might be the worst guy on tv sports, he was horrible against UNI too

3. PlymouthCy

PlymouthCy Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Hinton
    I think that they were too bad to be called homers. I think Dave Armstrong may have been better.

4. tube1

tube1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    I'm sure even squaks were upset that these guys represented them. Sorry bunch of commentators.

5. throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
    Engineer
    Minneapolis, MN
    My favorite part about Mac McCausland is that he can't seem to get the names of any of our players right. Dodie DunsTon and Jiri YOUbalek, but alas, I shouldn't expect much more...

6. tube1

tube1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    You expect MacClausland to actually do homework before a broadcast? He thinks he is above having to prepare. He is so good, he can just show up to work and put in a Pete Taylor performance. Monotone homer is all he is.

7. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    The announcers were no worse than the play on the court. That was the worst played Iowa- Iowa State game since the seventies. Yewwwwssssh. I can see why the Hawks are 4-5 till they played us.