Fry Guilty of Voluntary Manslaughter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cigaretteman, Apr 3, 2009.

1. DaddyMac

DaddyMac Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    #2 DaddyMac, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
    Sorry - I'm confused and haven't heard of this case before.

But this Fry kid came to Iowa City (using the word came, makes me think he doesn't live there regularly), went to the wrong apartment in the wrong buiding with the right street numbers on the wrong street. Couldn't recognize the building, the inside of the building, the door? Then took it upon himself to KICK IN THE DOOR? Upon entry didn't recognize the the apartment and the bedroom? But still had the wherewithall to find a particular address?

Wow. Maybe this is cruel-hearted, but that kid needs to go away for a good while regardless of the circumstances. Maybe not the max 10, but at least a few years.

2. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Wow, that is an interesting and crazy case.

3. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    That guy must have one hell of a lawyer. I find that accounting of events incredibly thin.

End of the day, he broke into a man's house and killed him. Murder.

4. Jack & Hilton

Jack & Hilton Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    When I saw this I thought Charlie Fry and figured you meant Donte Stallworth.

5. CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
    It isn't murder under the legal definition of muder... murder requires malice and intent. So he definitely killed him but under the legal definition, it is manslaughter, not murder.

Now you could argue that the definitions are incorrect or argue about the verbage, but it looks like the Judge and Jury got the case right under the rules of the law, which often seem faulty, to me at least.

6. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Since he probably didn't really mean to kill him, it would be manslaughter instead of murder? I guess I can see that. It's still messed up.

7. CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
    Yeah, I understand the idea behind it and agree with it... but it still wouldn't make any difference if it was my father or friend or whoever dead.

8. KezClone

KezClone Active Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Enginerd
    Roland, IA
    Clicked this thread bewildered thinking it was Hayden Fry in trouble.

9. SilverCyclone

SilverCyclone Member

Nov 9, 2006

... Hayden's "High-Porch-Picnic" suddenly went in a different direction:biglaugh: