Fred vs Fran.....any question

Discussion in 'In-State Rivals' started by Cyclone27inQC, Feb 23, 2013.

1. GMackey32

GMackey32 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Food Microbiologist
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    It was more of a "what-if" scenario, but seeing his posting history, it was a post full of vitriol.

2. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US
    Not everyone is sitting at 17 wins and in the Big Ten. Agree they need to win out the regular season,
    But if they can beat Nebraska, Illinios, and Purdue at home. Then find a way to beat Indiana on the road they would be at 21 wins and 10-8 before the conf tourney. That would be pretty good. Not sure what CFH has to do do with any of this though...

3. GMackey32

GMackey32 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Food Microbiologist
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    I was just replying to your original post that had nothing to do with CFH either.

4. SplitIdentity

SplitIdentity Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Student, future teacher
    Ames
    Thank you, your support of my happiness means the world to me.

I always get a good laugh when Iowa fans make fun of Rhoads but love Fran, and ISU fans make fun of Fran but love Rhoads. It's a hoot.

Iowa is a year away from the tourney. No secret there. Iowa also is rebounding into a good team following the Lick years. Not bad. I guess if it makes you sleep better at night to compare the two programs, more power to you. I'm looking forward to the future for both schools.

5. ISUFB

ISUFB Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Male
    Mesa, AZ
    id.

He did, how's that working out for ya jonny

6. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    So Iowa is going to get busted for illegal recruiting practices? That sucks for them.

7. Fran's doing it the right way.

Iowa Hawkeyes Basketball: Losing with Integrity

8. stevefrench

stevefrench Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    I remember this exact post. Should find it and bump and ask that **** what he has to say now.

He's trash, like the rest of them over there

9. Madcyentist

Madcyentist Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Ankeny/Ames
    They're going to need it. They won't make the tournament next year. I'm positive.

10. CycloneVet

CycloneVet Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    Who cares what Iowa does. It really doesn't matter. If he wants to run a program like he does and Hawk fans are ok with it then what should we care. I for one wouldn't want ANY other coach that CFH. They love Fran over there but he better get to the dance next year or they will turn on him.

That being said I ******* HATE Jon Miller, the guy is an A-1 D-BAG. He has no control over his message boards and typically his thoughts are of a SMUG and ARROGANT nature. Something you never see from our own CW. I go over to Hawkeye Nation sometimes to read the rivalry forum, they still think that playing us in football gets them nowhere. We are in the ******* BIG 12. They also think that we will be D2 before long. Jerk-offs.

11. CycloneVet

CycloneVet Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    BTW no comments on my avatar, I think its a funny pic.

12. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    I remember that. I'm sure he mentioned that Fran would be "doing it the right way" in one of those conversations. That's the battle cry of NIT participants.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    I think having an avatar of a rival's coach is weird and obsessive. There's my comment. :smile:

14. digZ

digZ Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Colorado
    Iowa is a young team with a lot of potential. The real question is whether they will mature into that potential, or crash and burn, and that is what will determine how good Fran is at Iowa.

That being said, Jon Miller is a gigantic ******.

15. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    Guys, it is safe to say that Fran will win more games at Iowa than Freddie will at ISU. SAFE TO SAY. And anyone who reads the sports section of the U of I student newspaper knows this to be true.

• Like Like x 1
  16. theantiAIRBHG

theantiAIRBHG Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Hiawatha, IA
    Ill tell you all one thing about CFH.

That is one good looking son of a *****.

17. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I was going to point this out but you beat me to it by posting your follow up post seconds later...

18. BigCojones

BigCojones Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Business Owner
    Ankeny
    Fran is a great coach and Iowa should do very well next year with all the talent leaving the Big 10 and them not losing anything.
    His recruiting is questionable.
    He is lucky Woodberry is a die hard hawk fan.
    Marble was a hawk fan.
    Kid that just transfered to Iowa from Wi was a hawk fan. (Think his GF lives in Ia city)
    Gessel didnt have a lot of big offers. We backed off
    We backed off Jok

19. ISpyCy

ISpyCy Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
    Next year will be interesting for both schools, in terms of finding out who is the better coach. CFH won't have the transfers he has had this year and last, but a good nucleus of young talent that could be at ISU for the long term. Fran doesn't have a senior starter this year, so it's safe to assume that everyone on this year's team will be back next year and a little bit older and wiser. Could Iowa be the better team next year with a full starting set of experienced players, or will CFH mold his young team into high-caliber players and continue to be the overall better team in the state? Much will be answered next year, but both coaches are making a pretty solid case for being good coaches.

20. BallSoHard4Cy

BallSoHard4Cy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Des Moines
    They're both the right fits for their respected schools. As far as coaching goes it Fred, as far as success goes its Fred, as far as recruiting goes its Fred.

yeah there's no question.