Former Nebraska RB Thunder Collins Convicted Of Murder

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by Clone96, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Clone96

Clone96 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Parts Unknown
  2. Wingback

Wingback Active Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Just a shame. A kid with a ton of potential ends up like this. A Juco All American running back who came to Nebraska with a ton of promise. Now he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Another example of a gifted athlete unable to understand what a tremendous opportunity had been placed in front of him. A kid from the projects in L.A. being given a college education free of charge...and he lets it get down his pant leg.

3. 247cy

247cy Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Spring Hill, KS
    Isn't that what everyone in prison says? Enjoy your time Thunder.

4. MookInLincoln

MookInLincoln Well-Known Member

If he would have been a better I-back, he never would have been convicted in the state LOL

5. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    cue cjdelmonico...3,2,---->

6. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    Where is the Nebraska fan saying that their players are no different than anyone elses

7. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Jul 2, 2009
    Self Employed
    Iowa

give it a few minutes..........

8. garn91

garn91 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Ankeny
    So are you saying then that as Husker fan, I should be attempting to defend Thunder and his actions? Give your head a shake and develop some common sense.

As far as saying Nebraska players are no different than anyone elses is pure BS. Does underage drinking, MIP's, and OWI's occur at Nebraska? They sure do, and i'm sure they occur in Ames as well, just like how they occur on every other college campus in the nation.

I don't know of too many former college football players who were convicted of 1st degree murder and faces a possible meeting with Nebraska's Old Sparky or whatever capital punishment method that Nebraska uses.

Thunder was convicted of a horrible crime by a jury of his peers. Thunder's actions yesterday following his conviction was embarrasing. Thunder deserves whatever punishment he may receive next month when he's sentenced.

9. CJDelmonico

CJDelmonico Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Ever heard of Rae Carruth?

How is Nebraska responsible for a former player's actions nearly a decade after he left school? When he played for NU, he had not committed any crimes.

By the way, how is Sam Mack doing these days? Is he sharing a cell with Jerry Gair?

10. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    Actually I think Sam went on to a pretty good NBA career.

Of course Nebraska isn't responsible for Thunder Collins anymore. It's a shame it happened.

11. weR138

weR138 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2008