Former Coaches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyCrazy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    Why do people who arent satisfied with our current situation in any sports relive the glory days of our past super hero coaches? Name me more than a couple! I know Orrs record and Macs etc but christ they arent coming back, every post on here lately has been about what MCD cant do and why WM was canned yada yada yada! last time I checked none of them were world beaters! Great if you wanna remmber the quote on qoute good times of old coaches but they arent coming back and probably arent interested! If you dont like our coaches now can you at least point out other candidates that havent been here and that arent coming back that would satisfy you ?

Enough of the love affair with old coaches! The past is the fricken past and they arent coming back good or bad!!!

RIP away if you like hahaha :cry:

2. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    It's a human nature thing. When struggles happen, most of us look back to another time that we think or feel was better. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't, but we all tend to do it. For some reason, we'll decide that it makes us feel better about our current situation.

I think that's why it happens.

3. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    I know but it irrates me when this is all the talk about our coaching situations in any sport

4. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    I don't understand what you expect? We are a bottom-feeder right now in both major sports. That's going to make people act a little goofy to begin with. I don't mind thinking about some of our past memories. What's wrong with that? Really? Until people have something to hang their hat on with McDermott & Rhoads, don't expect it to go away.

5. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    That's all we have right now. You're right Orrs record(particularly early on) was worse then our current coach. Better yet throw Floyd and Eustachy in the mix.:biggrin:

Dan McCarney, who some people love and some people hate, did takes us to some bowls. Haven't done that in a while.:sad:

I went to games when all those guys were around and some of the victories(Iowa and Nebraska in Football, KU in Basketball) were pretty darn sweet and some of the fondest moments I have as a Cyclone.

Until the current coaches can do better, they're just going to live in the shadows...