Farve puts his foot in his mouth again

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by CycloneRulzzz, Oct 5, 2011.

1. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    Caught Rome is Burning and caught his burn about recent comments Farve made about Aaron Rodgers. The jist of Farve's words are that he was shocked it took Rodgers so long to win a SB and says while AR is good the talent around him is better than what he had.

I'm beginning to think Farve and Lebron have the same PR people. AR won a Super Bowl in hello his 3rd year as a starting QB and the talent Farve referenced was pretty much all on the injured list. Also AR has never had something Farve did which is a solid consistent running game to balance his air attack.

Farve is just getting more and more pathetic. I know most around here root for a team that is a rival to GB and will always hate them but as a nuetral 3rd party observer I have really grown to like GB and AR in particular. That guy is all business and relentless worker.

2. MLawrence

MLawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I heard his comments on Sportscenter. They defiantly were backhanded compliments I was thinking this guy just needs to quietly retire and go away.

3. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member Bookie

Mar 27, 2006
    If you listen to the whole statement made by Favre, it's really not that big of a deal. It looks a whole lot worse in print than I think it really was. In print, it appears like Favre was being passive-aggressive in his comments, but that's not really how it came across to me when I heard him speak it.

I'm not a Favre fan by any stretch, (I tolerated him as Minnesota's QB for two years), but this is much ado about very little.

4. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    I commented before I saw an article on it, and I would tend to agree. It may have been slightly backhanded, but it wasn't bad at all.

5. fatkid1974

fatkid1974 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    network technician
    van down by the river
    This. I heard it before I read it & didn't think it was that big of deal. Just a washed up QB that still thinks he's the bee's knees. Anything he says on the subject is gonna sound jaded just because of how things ended in GB.

6. uthaman

uthaman Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Des Moines
    Mike and Mike played long portions of the audio on their show this morning. I agree 1000% it sounds worse in print then it did listening to it. Favre sounded like he was really trying to say good things about Rogers. I think it might come across bad because I get the impression that Favre doesn't have much experience giving praise to others....

7. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Which is why he should either keep his mouth shut altogether, or offer up nothing but GLOWING praise for Rodgers. Otherwise he's just setting himself up.

8. RING4CY

RING4CY Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Mar 20, 2010
    Photographer
    Ames, IA
    You mean he hasn't yet?!:wideeyed:

9. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
    Clearly he is still trying to compensate for having small junk. I always assumed that was his problem, then he text those pictures and proved it.

10. MLawrence

MLawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Bad wording on my part. Probably should have said, "quietly go away, and fade into the background."

11. Cyforce

Cyforce Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Des Moines
    Favre helped the Packer win 2 Super Bowls.
    One as a player and the other when GB used the draft pick
    they got from the Jets to move up and get Clay Mattews.
    AR could care less what BF says so neither do I.
    I'm just thankful he isn't Joe Namath.

12. CyBroncos

CyBroncos Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Wait til Rodgers gets his 2nd ring and surpasses Favre in that area...the jealously will really kick in then

13. madcityCY

madcityCY Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Architect
    Madison, WI
    And you know every reporter/ journalist will be shoving microphones and tape recorders in his face trying to get a gem of a soundbite to take out of context, overanalyze and overreact to.