End zone seats, where does the band sit

Discussion in 'Football' started by GrayerClone, Aug 11, 2010.

1. GrayerClone

GrayerClone Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Central Iowa
    What is all of your opinions about the south end zone seats?

Does the band sit on the east side of the endzone seats still? Do they get annoying or should I try to find something on the sides?

2. cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    The band sits in the north endzone, next to the students.

3. ISUcy08

ISUcy08 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Haven't been to a game lately, huh?

4. deadeyededric

deadeyededric Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Parts Unknown
    They suck! I can't wait till they put permanent seats of some kind in.

5. GrayerClone

GrayerClone Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Central Iowa

Yeah, kind of embarrassing I know. Last game I went to I think was McCarney's game against Kansas where people had bags over their heads.

6. CyclonePower88

Jun 10, 2010
    Des Plaines, IL
    The band is on the north end zone...and they're definitely not annoying. They're just a bunch of college students that represent the university well and do a damn good job every home game.

Not that I have a bias or anything considering I was drum major last year...

• Like Like x 2
  7. bigcyfan82

bigcyfan82 Active Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Summer Conference Staff
    Ames
    Do people do any research before they post?

eigh...I wonder if the band sits on the south endzone still. I could just look at a couple pictures on cyclones.com, but I think I'll just post on cyclonefanatic.com and annoy people with my lack of ability to use google or cyclones.com

end rant, sorry this flood business has me on edge.

8. bb4cy

bb4cy Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Don't ask... :-)
    Ames
    Ha!!

9. deadeyededric

deadeyededric Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Parts Unknown
    You were the one that everybody was saying was messing up the formations and trippin while you were marching. What were you doin?

10. GrayerClone

GrayerClone Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Central Iowa

I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ***, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it

Looks like the butcher checked in, thanks cyclone88

• Like Like x 1
  11. clones_jer

clones_jer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    IA
    I approve of this comeback.

12. CykoAGR

CykoAGR Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Waukee, IA
    This was discussed in a previous thread but here goes.

I had end zone tics last year. IMO you cant beat them for the price. You still get the atmosphere and to be honest it was never crowded and no one was crowding you out of your spot.

Its tough to see how big of a gain/loss was on a play because you are looking at it straight on. You get to see the game more from the players perspective instead of the normal TV camera angle so that is different. It is really cool when the Cyclones are headed into the endzone just a few feet away.

If you are considering I would definately buy them, if you already have them you will not be dissapointed.

13. aeroclone

aeroclone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Agreed that the perspective can make it hard to see yards gained or lost, but it is cool to see the play develop from that perspective. It is more like playing Madden than watching a game on TV. I would suggest trying to sit up as high as you can, as it gives you a little more depth perception.

The other great thing about the end zone is that it seems to have a lot more leg room and there are backs on the seats. Being a taller guy, this makes it a much more comfortable place to watch a game from.

14. iowast8fan

iowast8fan Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Ankeny
    #14 iowast8fan, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    South endzone seats sucked in my opinion. I've only sat in them twice, and would rather take hillside. You can't see the big screen because it is behind you. The speaker system is directly behind you, so it is annoyingly loud. Other than that, the view is fine except when play is on the north end of the field...at that point you may as well turn around and watch it on the screen. It's neat to watch field goals from this angle, and view of plays on the south side of the field are wonderful.

15. iowast8fan

iowast8fan Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Ankeny
    You are kind of a d!ck. If it annoys you, don't open the thread. The title is pretty clear about the content of the thread. Also, the guy is looking for opinions about the quality of the seat location, and you just don't get that from looking at pictures.

16. CyclonePower88

Jun 10, 2010
    Des Plaines, IL
    No problem!

17. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    My parents had seats in the south endzone when they were $99 you get a nice good close feel to the game, as long as you don't mind the loud music and turning around to see the screen you will be fine.