Eikmeier goes over 2000 career points tonight

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by NebrClone, Feb 15, 2008.

1. NebrClone

NebrClone Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Bergan won 79-57 over a Oakland-Craig, a Top 10 team in Class C-2. People sitting around me were saying what a bad game Wes was having until I told them he scored 35 points tonight, and shot 50% from the field. Bergan is 21-0 for the regular season and plays Tuesday in Valley at 6:00 pm in districts.

ESPN was at the game tonight and did an interview with Wes' dad at halftime, I do not know when it will be aired.

How many Chicago kids get ESPN to come to a game?

2. Cy Hard

Cy Hard Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2008
    The affairs of state
    Polka City
    Sweet, once yuou find out when/where ESPN views it let us all know!

3. CyclonesRule

CyclonesRule Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    West Des Moines
    this is pretty cool. Thanks for the update. I hope he is a big time scorer for the Cyclones too. I remember hearing Stevie Johnson scored over 3000 points in his high school career but hardly even shot the ball in his time with the Cyclones. He was mainly a defender and rebounder which he did really well but just didn't score much.

4. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Actually, ESPN shows a number of high school games each year...the entire game.

Just this year I watched Helen Cox (Harvey, LA) play at Norcross (GA). I seem to recall watching a game last year between a team from the Chicagoland area (the team had Michael Jordan's son on it) play a team from Indiana. This all started when they showed LeBron's HS team several years ago and now they show a few HS games each year.

Interesting that I have never seen any HS teams from NE play in these ESPN televised games?!

5. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    As I recall Stevie Johnson was a post player for a small high school and did almost all of his scoring from very clos in. He never had much of an outisde shot at ISU. Wes E. sounds like a completely different type of player.

6. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    This kid is gonna be interesting. Can't wait to see him play in person so everyone can make up their own mind on what to expect from him throughout his Cyclone career.

7. CyCy

CyCy Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    A few comparisons from Iowa High School scoring

Brooks McKowan 2831 (all-time leader)
    Gary Thompson 2043
    Loren Meyer 1996
    Klay Edwards 1974
    Brian Pearson 1963
    Fred Hoiberg 1759

Also, Cory Johnson is listed on Cyclones.com as scoring 2930 points in high school.

8. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Has he put on any weight? He needs to add about 20# of bulk to stand up to the rigors of the Big XII.

Lucca definately has the body to play 40 minutes which gives him a significant advantage, even if all other things are equal.

I'm looking for Eikmeier to play a few minutes next year for Garrett and Lucca and spend a considerable amount of time in the weight room. You can never have too many guards.

9. cyismydog

cyismydog Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    That was la salle vs. Eric Gordon's high school. Two nationally ranked teams.

10. copenhagen

copenhagen Member

Apr 23, 2007
    LOL I love it Nebrclone

'The small town player hater know it alls' always say in their sarcasm that no one ever pays attention or even knows where these 'hick' towns and players are, i guess ESPN must have bought a map of Nebraska.

11. CyRocket

CyRocket Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Cyclone#1 it is very apparent that you have a personal problem with our friend to the west. The key is PERSONAL. Take it off the public board and send private messages. You are getting really irratating with your attitude. It's clear from other threads that most of CF agrees with me. IN other words change or get lost!

12. NebrClone

NebrClone Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Let him post it is so much fun to pick on him.

13. cyismydog

cyismydog Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Who cares? It is too small of a school. It really doesn't mean anything.
    *sarcasm*

14. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I watch ESPN pretty regularly and have not seen anything about this. Did it air? What is the story about?