Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jantz

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by cydline2cydline, Sep 17, 2011.

1. cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Altoonaville
    So we've seen two sides of Steele Jantz and I am trying to figure out which one is the real Steel Jantz? I feel like Steele is a very rythmic passer because once he gets going he is prettty unstoppable. Although, when he tries to do too much he ens up 0/4 with 3 picks. Shouldn't we be trying to get him in a rythm earlier so that we can see more of the 4th quarter Jantz as opposed to the first quarter Jantz. Am I missing something?

2. isulive2train

isulive2train Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Real Estate Mgmt
    Ciclón Nación
    Yep. There is already a thread in the Football Forum named, "Steele Jantz is..." Ask the question there, good day!

3. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    He's going to be erratic all year IMO. Gotta take the bad with the good.

4. michaelrr1

michaelrr1 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    WDM
    I would go with Clark Kent and the Man of Steele.

• Like Like x 1
  5. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Well, two of his interceptions have bounced off the hands of Cyclones... U-Con had a great D that wouldn't let him slip through any cracks. Unfortunately, ISU doesn't play in the Big 10 so it will be a very tough season. I think that Jantz is a winner and he will play to the level of his competition.

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Kid has the confidence to think that he can pull anything off. Most of the time he is right. He will learn to have discretion, and then he could be great.

7. ManBearClone

ManBearClone Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Maybe it's a night game/ cold weather thing. Both UNI and UCONN he took a while to warm up. He is from the West coast after all.

8. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Product Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Early on against UCONN I think he just tried pushing things downfield too hard. There were guys open from 5 - 10 yards, but he was looking 12+ yards downfield exclusively. He seemed to do a better job of getting on the short routes later. It also hurt that we couldn't get a consistent running game.

He played JUCO at San Francisco. It gets cold and rainy there too. Not 0F cold, but certainly 40F. The weather so far shouldn't be a factor for him. There might be more concern around and after Thanksgiving, but even then it's not usually too bad in Iowa.