Does anyone play college fantasy football………

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmhawks99, Jun 1, 2009.

1. cmhawks99

cmhawks99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    sales
    Bourbonnais, Il
    #1 cmhawks99, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    I have played on the cbs sports line league every year for about 4 years. Also u-sports (pay league), virtual sports and a couple others that have escaped me right now.

For those that have never played I prefer it to the NFL (mostly because I like college better) and I’m always looking for new leagues. I especially like the leagues using ALL conferences as it caters to those who follow outside their favorite conference. I/e: forcing people to look objectively outside their favorite box.

Any thoughts………………..

Chad

2. cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
    sales
    Bourbonnais, Il
    Nobody plays college fantasy on here?!?! How about any pickem leagues?

Chad

3. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    I don't, but I'm surprised that nobody at all has responded:wideeyed:

What is a pickem league, anyway? I don't know much about this here sort of thing.

4. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    You pick winners each week.

5. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    Its just that college fantasy is either way too expensive or the website/play sucks IMO. You can pay $50-100 for a team or you can have players with names like Iowa RB, or Iowa State WR.

Maybe they are getting better, but i havent seen any good sites.

We have pick em leagues each fall.

6. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Like cytech's old signature picture?

7. isuarch80

isuarch80 Active Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Architect
    Dallas, TX
    I play college fantasy football. Our league just got reactivated yesterday. This will be our 5th season i believe. We use U-sports.com. Good site that you can really adapt to your preferences. We only have a player pool from Big 10, Big 12 and SEC (team managers are all from Big 12 schools). It's a lot of fun. And it's pretty tough.

Oh, and the early registration is up and it's only $11.99 per team ($14.99 in a month i think).

8. cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
    sales
    Bourbonnais, Il
    #8 cmhawks99, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009

Well I do understand the lack of “personalization” aspect (though that has changed a little) as many of the guys I work with love Pro fantasy because they “associate” themselves with their team and players. I personally only play in the NFL work league because as a supposed big wig they complain if I don’t.

For me the passion, revelry and nature of 119 “different teams” and the players to go with is way more exciting. CBS’ league used to be unit scores (meaning all Rbers, WR’s etal, per team counted) which I honestly liked (I had Minne’s Rbers back in the day with Maroney and Barber both) but now they have went to individual players. Though it needs to be said that they are currently being sued by Sam Keller!

Athlons is starting one w/U-sports and the sporting news has one involving units of offense and defense that is “ok”. Also virtual sports had a solid one last year that was free like the CBS one. U-sports is 15 or 19 dollars and I typically shy away from pay ones but I did pay two years ago and it was cool. You can actually limit it to whatever teams and conferences you want but I prefer the free for all of 119!

As for the pickems I usually play ESPN.s and a few others that I have found googling…………

Chad

9. cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
    sales
    Bourbonnais, Il
    It's getting closer................thought I’d bump this and see if anyone else knows of any sites or has interest. I have been web searching them recently.

Chad