DMACC Coaching AutClass

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Has anyone ever take the DMACC Coaching Authorization class that involves two weekends in a row?
If so can you give a brief overview of what it was like? What were the hard parts if any?
Was there tests? Did you take anything away from it?
I guess I just wanted to know if I would get anything out of it or if its a waste of time. Either way I have to get my coaching auth so I have to take it somewhere. DMACC is the cheapest and closest for me.
Thanks!

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I'm taking it starting next weekend but I talked with someone who took it in june and he said it wasn't too bad. They got out early on the sat and sun at like 6 or so. Idk about tests and all that. Guess we'll find out soon.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I'm taking it starting next weekend but I talked with someone who took it in june and he said it wasn't too bad. They got out early on the sat and sun at like 6 or so. Idk about tests and all that. Guess we'll find out soon.

Thanks man....I was hoping we would get out somewhat early. Friday from 5-10, Sat and Sun 8-8 is pretty brutal back to back weekends. Especially during Football season:(

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
That is much better than the 75 hours I had to take to get mine.
15 hours physiology
15 hours phsychology
15 hours ethics
30 hours athletic training (had in the Jacobson building so wasn't too bad)
RARELY got out early from any of the classes. Took it through Heartland AEA. All the sessions were from 5-10 at night so it was a good way to waste the summer

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
That is much better than the 75 hours I had to take to get mine.
15 hours physiology
15 hours phsychology
15 hours ethics
30 hours athletic training (had in the Jacobson building so wasn't too bad)
RARELY got out early from any of the classes. Took it through Heartland AEA. All the sessions were from 5-10 at night so it was a good way to waste the summer

I saw this option also....Cost more and it was a bunch of nights. That is why DMACC looked good.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I saw this option also....Cost more and it was a bunch of nights. That is why DMACC looked good.
I didn't have the option otherwise I definitely would have gone DMACC route. By the time I got hired, I had a short window to get "authorized" before the season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron