Dish DVR question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ISU_REV, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ISU_REV

ISU_REV Member

Apr 21, 2006
    I have several programs recorded on my Dish Network DVR. I was going to watch one today and I could not find it. I am still able to find these programs in the history. I also had this specific program locked so no one would accidentally delete it. No...it is not a movie.

Has anyone had this happen?

2. bugs4cy

bugs4cy Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Story County
    Nope. Everything we've ever recorded is right there in 'my recordings'

3. cycfan1

cycfan1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Student
    Ames
    Agree, never had this happen. Was wondering after reading this if there is anyway to move programs off the DVR to your computer so this doesn't happen. Does anyone know if this is possible?

4. IceCyIce

IceCyIce Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Safety Man
    Grimes
    If your DVR is full it will automatically delete older programs.

5. ISU_REV

ISU_REV Member

Apr 21, 2006

I only have 3 programs recorded. We had to send in our other receiver because it was squealing and over heating so this is new. We have watched one of the programs already, but that too is now only in the history.

6. simply1

simply1 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I haven't had that happen, however I've had some flukey things happen with the dvr, recordings, etc, as they start to fail. I recommend investing in the external drive and moving recordings over there, I've gone through 2 faulty receivers. It'd be rather intensive to try to set the dvr up to transfer to a computer, it's not a feature anyways.