NFL: Disenchantment at Halas Hall

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by cigaretteman, Aug 30, 2011.

1. cigaretteman

cigaretteman Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Iowa
    Chicago Bears: Disenchantment at Halas Hall - chicagotribune.com

2. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Briggs spent most of yesterday getting beat up on ESPN, if that does him any good.

3. bostrem00

bostrem00 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    ISU Post-grad Warrior
    Johnston
    :biglaugh:

4. CykoAGR

CykoAGR Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Waukee, IA
    As a life long Bears fan I hate to hear this. I have a hard time determining who is worth what, all pro-athletes seem to be overpaid but are the Bears players less overpaid than other teams players?
    Maybe, its hard for someone like me to tell.

It wouldnt come as a huge shock to me though because in my opinion the Bears front office is less than stellar in most categories. They have a horribel track record in the draft. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. HORRIBLE!! They seem to be able to find lower round players that are good value but man their 1-2nd rnd pick history is awful.

Hester, Knox, Urlacher and Briggs are good. They have other players who have flashes of brilliance but then either fade away or get hurt and never return to form.

I keep hoping that they will get over the hump but they may have given away too much to get Peppers and Cutler.

5. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    They gave Briggs a huge contract with the money mostly front-loaded onto the first few years. Now that those years have gone by, the money is suddenly no good. He's not going to get sympathy very many places.

6. heyguy85

heyguy85 Active Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Teacher
    Iowa
    Couldn't agree more. Rashaan Salaam :skeptical: