Deep Freeze

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Some off-name brand that is older than I am. Parents bought it and it's still running. Probably won't have that success these days. Nothing is built to last anymore.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Some off-name brand that is older than I am. Parents bought it and it's still running. Probably won't have that success these days. Nothing is built to last anymore.

Ya I remember the days where they didn't purposely put defects in the products in order to make them not last as long

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We used to have a little chest freezer, but everything got lost at the bottom but it worked great. I used to be a meat cutter in order to survive so we buy in bulk and got a Kenmore stand up model a few years ago at their Thanksgiving dale. So much ewasier to organize and find stuff. Works great so far. Frost free FO-SHO!

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
We used to have a little chest freezer, but everything got lost at the bottom but it worked great. I used to be a meat cutter in order to survive so we buy in bulk and got a Kenmore stand up model a few years ago at their Thanksgiving dale. So much ewasier to organize and find stuff. Works great so far. Frost free FO-SHO!

+1

It's survived 3 moves and still doing great. The upright is heaven compared to a chest because you can actually get to everything instead of it being buried. I'd also suggest getting the upright with a light and self-defrosts.

Thumb's up!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Get one of the stand up ones, trust me it is a ton easier to organize and find things! Don't have to go digging to the bottom like you do with ones with the lid on top.

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
I've got an older one that is in decent shape. A friend of mine Little Joey has a large package in there right now. I'll tell him to come over and get it so u can have it.