david irving

Discussion in 'Football' started by blood94, Sep 4, 2012.

1. blood94

blood94 Member

May 10, 2010
    was at the game on sat. great atmosphere to start the season. hats off to the students when they did sweet caroline my daughter was amazed at the student section with there wave..

anyway got to see david irving for the first time. that dude is huge, will he start by the end of the year. having a 6'7" end to try and throw over has got to cause some eagerness for a smaller quarterback. and he is only a sophmore right?

2. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    If he's going to start he better get better because he didn't pass anyone on Saturday.

3. RustShack

RustShack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    How bad is Nelson actually against the run? His pass rushing abilities would be great to have on the field more often. He has nice size too. I was also pretty impressed with Morrissey at the end, granted they were down so they had to pass.

But yes, David Irving is someone who I would like to see become a starter. He just has to keep improving first.

4. BuffettClone

BuffettClone Active Member

Jul 7, 2012
    I agree, from what I saw of him he has a long ways to go to pass anyone on the depth chart. As athletic as he is, I noticed he seemed pretty slow out of his stance

5. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    Still raw and has issues with run defense. Great backup though and future starter.

6. djcubby

djcubby Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Bondurant
    There were some plays that he was in on where he was disruptive, but didn't have a chance to make the play. If he was 6'8" he would have had a fingertip on that TD pass that Green floated to the back of the end zone. DI just barely missed it.

7. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Yeah, I was impressed toward the end there when he ran down a screen for no gain, after reversing direction once he saw what was up.

8. Cyclophile1

Cyclophile1 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    I was pretty pleased with what he was doing. He was getting good push when I saw him rushing, and he was doing a decent job in run pursuit. He's just so big and sometimes I think he's not moving quickly, but my feeling was that he was being pretty effective. He just has so much potential, it's hard not to expect more from him. I have to keep reminding myself that he's only an 18-year old sophomore. He really would have benefited from a redshirt, but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.

9. isuforlife

isuforlife Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I can't believe ow good he will be

10. isufbcurt

isufbcurt Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    David Irving reminds me of Reggie Hayword. When Reggie got to ISU he was a tall lean athletic freak, once he put on some weight and learned the DE technique he was really good his Senior year.

• Like Like x 1