Cy

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by everyyard, Dec 11, 2009.

1. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Can we all get together and raise money to buy a new Cy that is more of our new color scheme. I never noticed how painfully bright red he is until we changed. It is bad. How much is a new Cy...same design just different color? $15,000?

2. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    it'd take 4 or 5 costumes, and thats just athletics. Also, Cy is currently the color of an actual Cardinal. Real Cardinal birds aren't maroon like we've taken to

We were a bit bright for a while, but I prefer the bright to the borderline maroon some of our teams have for uniforms right now

3. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I honestly don't think the color it is that bad. What does bother me about Cy after the logo change is that it almost appears they stitched over the old ISU logo and put the new I State logo right over it and it looks almost like a bib. You obviously don't notice it when cy wears a jersey or something. But we did win money for the mascot program by winning the capital one mascot challenge. I wonder if they used that at all and what for.

4. wonkadog

wonkadog Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    Yeah, the new "I-State" logo looks pretty cheesy on Cy. Kinda like what it'd look like if I was the one who sewed it on...

5. everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    I stand by my opinion that Cy is a TERRIBLE shade of red, and painful to look at. And yes, it looks like he is wearing a bib.

6. Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    I stand by my opinion that Cy better not turn to a color that makes him look like he belongs with Texas A&M

7. everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    happy medium?

8. Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    Maybe, but like I said, Cy is a cardinal, and a cardinal is a fairly bright red. I can see where he'd clash with our teams a bit, since the primary color now is dark and the 2ndary (which doesn't make it on the uniforms) is bright, but really the color was good for what he is

9. Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
  10. TitanClone

TitanClone Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    515 via 712
    PM cyman1189. He's Cy

11. Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    Maybe a bit darker... problem is they probably have limited color choices and could wind up like the damn dance squad was last year... way too dark

12. everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Oh, I know! They likely would screw it up. But he is definitely INTENSE in Hilton color wise. Maybe if they just lay him out in the sun all summer it will tone him down a little bit with some fading. That seems to fit in the ISU budget.

13. price26

price26 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2006
    CyRide Driver
    Ames, IA
    I think Cy is good as is. But I do think he should also avoid not wearing some sort of Cyclone apparel around. The I-State logo does a look a little weird.

14. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    This. Before the logo change, the ISU on him looked great but something about the I State makes it look cheesy. As I said before, it almost looks like Cy is wearing a bib or something. I understand they don't have the money to get a new mascot suit but use some of the Capital One mascot challenge money to make the new stitching look good on Cy.

15. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Cy is fine the way he is.

16. bigcyfan82

bigcyfan82 Active Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Summer Conference Staff
    Ames
    or she...we have a pretty ballin lady CY this year as well!

17. Swanson10

Swanson10 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Cy is the color he is suppose to be and will not change for awhile.

Although, that CapOne Bowl payout should mean some new outfits.

18. ISU_phoria

ISU_phoria Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Construction Project Mana
    Andover, MN

19. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    I don't like the chest logo either, but I am so used to seeing Cy in clothes that when s/he doesn't I always say to ripvdub - Cy is NAKED! I don't like Cy naked. I like her/him dressed in something.

20. cyman1189

cyman1189 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Athletic Trainer
    Akron, OH
    allrighty... time to set some things straight for everyone. and your hearing from the birds mouth himself.

I am on the mascot squad and i can say that there were "talks" of changing cy to new color but the squad and the ADept both basically thought it would be wierd since cy is a cardinal to have him be a color that isnt a cardinal. so cy will be staying the way he is for a time to come.

The chest logos we are working on getting something that looks better... we all hate being "naked" cy just because cy just kinda looks like a dork without a jersey on.

also getting 4 new colored suits is extremely expensive.... like its somewhere around 6,000 bones for a new suit and head i want to say.

One thing we can all admit is that cy is awesome and that is fact! go cyclones!

• Like Like x 1