Crow

Discussion in 'Football' started by 4429 mcc, Nov 20, 2008.

1. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    I really believe that both programs are on the cusp of turning things around and having big wins and post-season play. That being said I can't wait for the local Des Moines media to have to start spinning out postive stories and not this negitive "it will never happen at Iowa State" tone.

Today online Rag has a story about recruits "standing firm" with Iowa State as to imply that they would jump ship with the bad season. And love this line from Logue

Chris Hassell WHOTV-13, had a story last night on how Chizik class are ranking according to rivals over the last 2 years, showing how according to rivals we ranked 11th each year. What he didnt say was how some of those recruits are already making great impacts.

Anyway just had to rant

2. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield
    I don't mean to rag on the kid but saving your ISU sweatshirt just to wear around the house is kind of disheartening. He should be wearing our gear everyday.

3. mplscyclone

mplscyclone Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Ames, IA

With the Hassell story, you are talking 11th in the Big XII correct?

4. intrepid27

intrepid27 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Executive Recruiter - Ag
    Marion, IA
    I interpreted that as he feels like he may appear boastful when he wears ISU gear. Not that he is ashamed of his decision. Leave it to the Rag to spin it in a different light.

5. lamp3d

lamp3d New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    That is correct, and I know as a fact, Conor feels like he would be bragging if he wore the ISU garb outside of his home (due to the scholarship). He is not a boastful person. He loves ISU.

6. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    It's really hard to be postive right now...

7. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    I hope the players next year make fewer penalties. So far the last two years have not matched the discipline the previous two years. Not sure why we make so many mistakes.