courtney messingham, can we fire him now?

Discussion in 'Football' started by stevefrench, Oct 26, 2013.

1. stevefrench

stevefrench Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    #1 stevefrench, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    The OC is a complete failure. A change needs to be made immediately

2. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    I've seen one inexcusable play call and of course that stupid PA "fake" on every 3rd and long.

3. CYphyllis

CYphyllis Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I'd be cool with the entire staff getting axed at this point.

I'm not a "FIRE EVERYONE" type of person after a loss, but my God, this program is absolute garbage right now.

4. DandyCyclone

DandyCyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Future CF Mod
    Western Iowa
  5. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    That 3rd and 8 option call was pretty damn stupid

6. stevefrench

stevefrench Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Its one thing to not execute, its another thing to just set your team up to fail.

There will be the excuse of SR getting injured, but let's be real. We've seen enough of mess to know he's just not a good OC fit for our program

7. aeroclone

aeroclone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2006
    He can hide behind the Richardson injury and buy himself another week.

8. ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    "Coach, they're pulling their safeties way up. What should we do?"

"Lets go deep once and see what happens"

20 seconds later

"Coach! It worked! And they're still pulling their safeties up. What should we do?"

"RUN!!!!!"

9. CYandIareBFFs

CYandIareBFFs Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Logistics Broker
    I'm calling in on Monday telling CPR that if he doesn't do something drastic in the off season with his coaching staff, namely Mess, he is going to start losing fan support and buildup for recruiting of both players and fans. This offense cannot sustain drives that will be successful in the B12, while the D does well but can only carry so much of the weight. I love the guy but his head is so far up his *** right now.

10. theantiAIRBHG

theantiAIRBHG Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Hiawatha, IA
    Guys. His name is Courtney. What else did you expect?

11. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    I guarantee you we will hear the injury excuses from the coaches. Sam got hurt. Knott was out. Wimberly was out. And so on.

They've been using that excuse all year long. I'm beginning to wonder if we're now holding guys out on purpose so we can use that excuse?

12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Season ticket sales will be down 6-9k next year. The talent will be too young to play physical enough again.

13. ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    WE SCORED! EXTENSION

14. CyBroncos

CyBroncos Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    West Des Moines
    I'm really interested in seeing how CPR handles this after the season is over. The offense is an absolute failure, we can't run it. It's crystal clear to everybody watching the team.

Will he choose stubborness/loyalty over what's best for the program?

15. ThatllDoCy

ThatllDoCy Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Chicago, IL
    I really hate our Offense. It loses game after game for us. Without Knott and Klein our defense has been bad. The early wins under this Coaching staff have given it the false impression that it may be working.

16. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    That's a girls name.

17. cyatheart

cyatheart Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    At this point, the injuries are so bad, and we are so depleted I am not sure what Mess could really do. We just don't have a chance right now guys. You can't run you backup freshmen QB and basically a freshmen and sophomore O line versus a defense that is loaded with seniors and juniors. It just isn't going to work.

That said, Mess still is not the guy to get it done. I mean the called QB keeper on 3rd and 8 in the first half...really? Come on. Offense just has so many problems it needs new management.

18. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Another horribly called game by Mess. I love how little we took shots down field when we had the wind at our backs. Also really stupid calling that option on 3rd and 10 in the first quarter to try and run out the clock so we could punt with the wind at our backs. OSU ended up calling the timeout so that didn't happen.

19. DrShekelstein

DrShekelstein Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Courtney is a bloody girls name.....why would we of hired him in the first place. Bring Seneca Wallace in as OC.

20. Cyclophile1

Cyclophile1 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, KS
    There's no point in rehashing all of it again. There's nothing more to do here. It's like re-chalking the outline of the body at the crime scene. So unprepared and not ready to play. Horrendous execution from the skill guys on a day where the OL actually played pretty well. Right out of the gate, it's missed throws, dropped passes, pick-6s, followed by multiple fumbles, which resulted in points. Horrible day by the receivers and QBs. It's officially a throwaway season at this point, so wer'e down to getting the underclassmen some experience and hope to not embarrass ourselves.