"Court in bad condition"

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Ry4Cy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Ry4Cy

Ry4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Male
    Ankeny
    Announcers kept saying that the court was in bad condition and once I remember them saying that the court was dirt. Anyone know what they were talking about or why the court was "dirty"?

2. demoncore1031

demoncore1031 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    Musician
    Albuquerque,NM
    I was wondering that as well.

3. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    They probably saw it in standard def. It's not as impressive that way.

4. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    I immediately chalked it up to Scott Drew needing something to ***** about since they said it all came from him complaining during his shoot around. That guy always needs to have something. Fortunately he never seems to realize that all he is really doing is causing another distraction for his team.

5. whirlybirds

whirlybirds Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Knoxville, IA
    Before tip off they kept saying "It's a dust storm in here." I'm not sure where all of the dirt came from.

6. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Gymnastics chalk from Sunday afternoon?

7. isufbcurt

isufbcurt Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Yes Scott Drew complained before the game during the shoot around that the court was dusty and they needed to re-wipe it down. He is a tool. Since there was no Vaughn signs this was next on his complaint list.

8. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Urbandale
    The dust storm was a freaking Cyclone blowing their team off the court.

9. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Scott Drew kept shooting chew spit balls when he yelled at his team.

10. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area

I think all of Scott's walking around was a cover for him pulling a move like Clint Eastwood in Escape from Alcatraz where he's got a pocket full of dirt from the tunnel and is shaking it out of his pant leg.

11. shagcarpetjesus

shagcarpetjesus Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Well, the Hawkeyes did visit Ames this year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Did the wheelchair guys practice before the game?

Oh, never mind. I'm taking Drew seriously. Silly me.

13. jtdoyle1

jtdoyle1 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Designer
    Ankeny, IA
    Probably from all the court storming lately. Everybody if you're going to storm the court please wipe your feet first.

14. letsCYber

letsCYber Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Plummer
    U.S. of A.
    It was debris from our student section storming the court after we beat lower ranked opponents.

15. Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Male
    North Iowa
    I thought this was the least-dooshy Scott Drew I have ever seen. Didn't even lay face first on the court this time!

16. 2020cy

2020cy Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    t
    They wiped the whole court down at the first time out. Plus they had our ball boys shagging balls for them on the pregame shoot around. I told my buddy if I was shagging balls for them, I would throw them right at the ankles or lower mid section if I was them.

17. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Of course not. It was dirty.

18. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I'm not supposed to say anything, but I suppose that since this is an anonymous message board, it wont hurt. Last weekend, when Monster Jam was in Des Moines, the semis and monster trucks were not able to get into Des Moines in time for a proper warm up. Much like basketball players, monster truck drivers need to warm up real good before they get out there and do their thing. Since they weren't able to get the Wells Fargo (The Well) due to the weather, they pulled off in Ames. The Monster Jam manager contacted Jamie Pollard and asked if Hilton Coliseum was currently being used. Jamie of course said, "No, but the basketball court is down." Monster Jam (MJ) manager says, "Don't worry Jamie, we'll clean up real good." Jamie, being a huge Monster Jam fan and realizing the magnitude of this event (especially for Mohawk Warrior), since it was a qualifying event for the National Monster Jam competition, said, "Go for it!"

Long story short, the trucks unloaded the dirt ramps on top of the basketball court, got in a few hours practice while the weather remained a factor outside, packed up and headed to Des Moines the next morning. These guys (the Monster Jam Crew (MJC)) are professionals, but they can't clean up every single speck of dust. When you're revving those engines and flying through the air with that much steel, sometimes getting all that dust out of the air is the least of your problems. Of course once they left, there was still some dust hanging in the air, that dust settled on the floor and caused the Baylor Bears to lose. This would have been a much bigger deal if Scott Drew wasn't such a huge fan (and financial supporter from what I understand) of the Monster Jam circuit.

I hope I don't get in trouble for spilling the beans about the reason for the dusty court tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ry4Cy

Ry4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Male
    Ankeny
    Is this a joke? If not, dumb decision by Pollard.

20. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    oh ****** dude.