Could this be the answer to JP's tweet on cyclones.tv from last week (LINK)

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by cyclonefan1983, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    Do you drink at a hole in the wall bar?

2. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    Not true. You might have to pony up $3.95 a month, but you CAN get FSN in Cedar Rapids, no matter who your provider is.

3. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa
    The argument isn't whether or not you can get it if you pay enough, though, its whether Iowa State feels that the fact that they'd need to figure out how to coordinate between FSN North, FSN Midwest and the parts of Iowa that don't have a truly local FSN channel (because you can't count on FCS to carry everything) is better than what Mediacom can offer.

I'd very strongly prefer a deal with FSN. But there's a number of reasons its not overly likely.

4. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    FSN is not available on Mediacom in eastern Iowa on any tier. Fox College sports is included in the sports pack and will often mirror FSN broadcasts but that is as close as you can get.

5. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    So every team in the Big 12 minus Texas has a deal with FSN and we get Mediacom. Hella awesome!

6. ISUAgronomist

ISUAgronomist Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ag Research
    Close Enough, IA
    Good reason to make this available beyond Mediacom. Work directly with Fox Sports. If Eastern Iowa can't get it with Mediacom anyway then there's no advantage to working directly with Mediacom. Directv and Dish customers would benefit as well.

7. Swanson10

Swanson10 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    The only benefit is to be on FSN.

Mediacom isn't in western Iowa, which is a bigger problem than eastern. Some may ask how? Omaha, a cool million plus, I want the ISU product on those TV's a helluva lot more the Cedar Crapids. JP doesn't seem to understand that yet and hasn't since he arrived, which is main/only area of failing the department.

8. nj829

nj829 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Northwest Arkansas
    Look for a FSN-Iowa to be created, similar to FSN-Oklahoma that just started. Cyclones.tv already has more content ready to go than they have airing.

9. cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    Just noticed tonight with Mediacom, I now have a new HD FSN channel. 833 FS +.

Maybe this will carry the cyclone.tv feed?