Column: Santa delivers best start in school history

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChrisMWilliams, Dec 25, 2013.

1. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    WHOOOOO!! Great team to watch here!
    MVP has to be DeAndre. The whole team seems to feed off of that guy, and he's clutch every time.

For the "Cool Story, Bro" award: I think of this every time I see the word "Santa." During seminary, I worked in a store, and the Christmas stuff was part of our department. Right across the aisle was the giant inflatable Santa.
    A co-worker buddy said one day, "That must just burn you up."
    I asked why.
    "Because Santa is just one letter from Satan."

I'll pat myself on the head now.
  2. cyclonespiker33

cyclonespiker33 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Rashad Vaughn is committing to ISU this week!!!!
  3. cowmaster1

cowmaster1 Member

Dec 16, 2012
    St. Cloud
    That was exactly the same thought I got from reading that. It's going to be good week.
  4. Snyder21

Snyder21 Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Sioux City, IA
    What I love about this team is that there's 4 guys who want to be THE man. With a couple younger guys who expect to be THE guy in the coming years.

This can go one of two ways.. either it can kill a team through selfishness and players being more concerned about 'getting theirs' rather than the team all together. Which is a big reason why talented teams underachieve. Fortunately, this isn't the case with this team.

This team has a collective goal to win and they go after it as a family. Even if that means getting in a teammate's face, these guys are brothers on and off the court and have the interest of the team in everything they do. Proud of the warriors on this squad and can't wait to watch them continue to grow as a family/team.