Colgate Freshman Ineligible - NCAA, R U SERIOUS?

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
It's impossible to write out rules for every single situation that may ever arise. That's why it needs these blanket rules. I completely understand the meaning behind them even when the outcome is a bad PR message. This should get overturned when they get around to it.

NCAA has actually done a good job this year making common sense decisions on appeals (at least on the basketball side). Okoro, Josh Smith, Steven Rhodes, and now Harries have all gotten their situations resolved. I'm seeing this as a turn for the better... Travis Hines speculated that Royce's appeal might have actually gone through if it were this year.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
NCAA has actually done a good job this year making common sense decisions on appeals (at least on the basketball side). Okoro, Josh Smith, Steven Rhodes, and now Harries have all gotten their situations resolved. I'm seeing this as a turn for the better... Travis Hines speculated that Royce's appeal might have actually gone through if it were this year.

You're forgetting that Colgate has maybe ten fans, so the NCAA won't care. My guess is they don't overturn this, even though they should.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron