Colbert Polling in Double Digits

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by CrossCyed, Oct 24, 2007.

1. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa
  2. CloneFan65

CloneFan65 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Math Professor
    Phoenix, AZ
    If my two major party choices are Clinton and Giuliani, I'll vote third party. And I'd definitely consider Colbert as a protest vote. I think the 13% for Cobert shows that a lot of people are disillusioned with the current partisan politics and may consider a serious third party candidate. It will be interesting if anyone comes forward to run as an Independent.

3. herbicide

herbicide Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Ross Perot is thinking right now, "why can't I be 15 years younger!"

4. herbiedoobie

herbiedoobie Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Military Training Scenario Writer
    Germany
    Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.

5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    But, but... 9-11!

Giuliani gets knocked for his abortion and gun control stances, but as far as the presidency goes his actions would not produce any different results than more conservative presidents. Nothing substantial will happen with abortion without a shift in the Supreme Court, and Giuliani has a big thing about appointing strict constructionist judges.

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I don't know. I'm not a huge Giuliani fan, but he talks all the time about cutting spending, while Hillary has yet to find a spending program that she doesn't like.

7. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.

8. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I like Huckabee and Duncan Hunter, but obviously I have to keep my eyes open because those are long shots.

9. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Obama smokes?

10. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    I'm not sure if he still does, he was going to quit. As of about 6 months ago he smoked several a day. (He said 2-4 or so.)

11. CloneFan65

CloneFan65 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Math Professor
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd rather have a smoker than a former coke-head.

12. ericlambi

ericlambi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Unbelievable. Anyone dumb enough to smoke is not smart enough to be president.