Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by alaskaguy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. alaskaguy

alaskaguy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Tim Floyd is being talked up as one of the current front runners for the national coach of the year. There is little doubt that he has performed an admirable job in turning around the Trojans this year.

2. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Huggy Bear for me. Bobby Knight may get it though.

3. darts180

darts180 Active Member

Apr 12, 2006
    TF is a college coach, PERIOD. He is an excellent coach who has been successful at every college that he coached at. I would not be surprised at all if USC doesn't make a deep run in the NCAA tournament within the next two years, and becomes a fixture there after.

The reason these threads get happy responses is because Tim actually WON BIG GAMES while the coach at Iowa State. And he never told us what a great job he did. And he admitted to making mistakes. Admirable qualities in a coach, also traits of a person secure in themselves.

4. Michael Lastuvka

Aug 21, 2006
    Des Moines
    Purely talent-wise, Tim Floyd is the best coach we've ever had, and possibly ever will have. He was great for many reasons. He was young and was a sexy name to a lot of other college programs, could recruit like a mofo, was a great big-game strategist, and had gritty defensive teams that could throw a multitude of junk defenses at any point of a game. He also recruited guys specifically for defensive purposes (Cato, Bankhead), not something that's seen too often in today's recruiting. I love GMac, but he's got a little work to do to catch up to Timmy boy in the "capturing Michael Lastuvka's heart" department:rolleyes5cz:

5. CTAClone

CTAClone Addict

Mar 28, 2006
    First Assistant Director
    Amerika
    He's on the radio out here in LA all the time. Usually UCLA is the team that is talked about all the time, but now it seems to be USC and Floyd. I miss having a funny coach, who could coach (still ecstatic to have McD though). Last season USC got jobbed on a bad call from the refs and he was asked on the radio about it even though they knew he wouldn't talk about it. He brought up the Kansas game as a reference and the radio show hosts were dying laughing.

6. clones11

clones11 Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Ames
    Tim Floyd is the man awesome guy awesome coach I really wish the best for him at USC Coach of the year is definately an accolade that he deserves

7. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

You're killing me Smalls!:rolleyes5cz:

8. clones_jer

clones_jer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    IA
    #8 clones_jer, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
    so to summarize you statement:

:biggrin9gp: :biggrin9gp: