CJL

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by Cyfan1965, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Gymnastics is at Beyer, wrestling at Lied, and volleyball at Hilton. If ever the Armory was in the mix, you could put volleyball offices/team facilities in there or added on. To me, the location is great - tons of parking for fans to the north for evening/weekend events.

2. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Again, I guess this is a moot point - but there is plenty of parking in the lots behind Molecular Biology and Metals Development to the north - that is much better than many campus venues for VB. Events for all three sports are in evenings or on weekends - those lots are empty.

3. cykadelic2

cykadelic2 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2006
    I wish the Dickson Jensen facility near Sukup would have been purposed as an ISU VB venue instead.

4. cyclonespiker33

cyclonespiker33 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    I don't know how often they do it, but I've seen the volleyball team practicing in Beyer as well.

5. gizzsdad

gizzsdad Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Volleyball splits practice between Hilton and Forker.

6. Cybirdy

Cybirdy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    I was going to say volleyball does time in Forker. They are doing remodeling there, but not sure what it encompasses. Usually we do swim lessons there for our kids but haven't done that since summer.

I know there are individual donors that help out volleyball as well.

7. Cyfan1965

Cyfan1965 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Male
    Iowa
    Chris Tamas is the new head coach at IL- NU assistant and former assistant at Cal Poly

8. Sobchakcyclone

Sobchakcyclone Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Bowling Alley
    Well, now I guess we don't have to wonder, or worry.

Why take the IL job, when you can recruit some of their best players? Plus, CJL looks for her type of athlete, student, and person. I respect her for that. She just has to make it work and win.

9. NWICY

NWICY Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Came up to that game was so disappointing, we had the crowd, even sent up the pep band, just couldn't get it done in the end.