Chipolte

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CyGuy33, May 30, 2008.

1. CyGuy33

CyGuy33 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2008
    West Des Moines, IA
    Just an FYI, Chipolte opened at Valley West Mall today, I now will offically gain 25 pounds over the next two months catching up for what I didn't eat since I moved back to Des Moines in August.

The line was out the store into the parking lot at 2:00 pm, well worth the wait.

2. cloneu

cloneu Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Financial Analyst
    Urbandale
    Yum burritos. Whenever we go for lunch we go at 11 to avoid lines that start getting long at 11:30.

3. CyclonesRule

CyclonesRule Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    West Des Moines
    I am in the dark here, what is Chipolte? Is it a restraunt? or just a food store with different Chipolte sauses??

Edit - I guess post that got entered before me answers question.

4. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    Sounds like when the Krispy Kreme opened in Arlington a few years ago. The cops had to come out and direct traffic at certain times because the cars trying to get into the place were backing up traffic. Nowadays, you can walk in there pretty much at any time and not have to wait in line.

Fame is fleeting...

5. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    It's a lot like Panchero's. Just better.

6. CyinCo

CyinCo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Engineer
    Clive, IA
    My wife I and were going to go for lunch. We there about 11:20 and saw a line out the door. We went to Qdoba instead since we were in a burrito mood. The Qdoba in West Des Moines is HORRIBLE. The meats aren't seasoned well. Nothing seemed fresh. They put way too much rice and not enough of anything else. Qdoba was one of my favorite places to eat in Colorado. But there, the Q I freqented cooked their meats on a grill right behind the counter. Everything was very freshed and NICELY seasoned. I'm not going back to Qdoba in WDM ever again. I'm glad Chipotle opened. They'll be getting my business now.

7. CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
    West Des Moines, IA
    I ate at the Qdoba in WDM once, right when I moved to town and wanted chipolte. It was terrible, I agree.

I won't go back and now that Chipolte is here they will have all of my burrito business.

8. htownclone

htownclone Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Teacher/Coach
    much...much...much better. :yes:

9. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    I'm not near as excited about Chipotle opening as I was when the opened the Popeyes...

10. cloneu

cloneu Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Financial Analyst
    Urbandale
    One day in the mail I got a coupon for a free burrito at chipolte. It was like Christmas.

11. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    Chicken and Sausage Jambalya Combo...Yum Yum!!!

Except that all the Popeyes by me are very poorly managed...:sad:

12. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ever since Panchero's opened up in Ames, it has been my burrito spot of choice. It's right accross the street from where i work, and the burritos are tasty (or so I thought) I had eaten Chipotle in multiple instances before Pancheros opened, and I guess I just always thought they were interchangeable. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a Chipotle in Denver, and let me tell you what, Chipotle is SO much better than Pancheros. Everything just had so much more taste. The meat was marinated better. The salsas had more flavor. Even the rice was better. It was not even a comparison. It bums me out because there's not a Chipotle in Ames, so I have to go back to Pancheros, and I'll never look at them the same way again. Even though their burritos are good, I'll know in my heart that somewhere out there, men in red woolen shirts are eating at Chipotle, and getting incredible kicks from things that I'll never know...unless they open one in Ames...

13. Cybone

Cybone Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    IT Manager/Litigation Tec
    Denver, Colorado
    There are two Chipotle Restaurants in downtown Denver, I can't eat at either one due to the lines running out the door from 11 to 1 during the week.

They need to open Tokyo Joe's in Iowa...Ames or West Des Moines...

14. CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
    West Des Moines, IA

I had Chipolte before Qdoba and Panchero's so I knew when I had them for the first time they didn't stack up. Then I just sat and hoped one would open up close to me soon.

15. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    Ames. :yes: And if they could branch out a Vesta, things would be good, too.

16. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    I live three minutes away from a Chipotle... I guess that doesn't help any of y'all in Iowa, though.

17. Bader

Bader Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ankeny
    Blah, go support Flying Burrito!! Much better burritos in my opinion, and its local (as well as not run by Hawkeyes)

18. htownclone

htownclone Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Teacher/Coach
    Popeye's in Houston were poorly managed as well. Their biscuits are amazing.

19. TxCycloneFan

TxCycloneFan Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    none
    Bastrop TX
    If you ever get to College Station or Austin try the original

Freebirds World Burrito

Chipoltes pales in comparison to Freebirds.

20. bellzisu

bellzisu Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Agriculture
    Norwalk
    :notworthy::notworthy:
    :notworthy::notworthy: