Can we beat CU again?

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by EYEoftheSTORM, Mar 5, 2011.

1. EYEoftheSTORM

EYEoftheSTORM Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Ames, Iowa
    I like facing them because I believe we can match up with them pretty well and as we saw a few days ago we can beat them. But I always have that thought at the back of my head can we beat them 2 times in a row? That always scares me.

Glad we do not face Mizzou though as I believe they will do some damage in the XII tourney....

2. Cy's Taxi

Cy's Taxi Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    CU generally plays pretty bad away from Bolder...

If we're able to play well, I'd say yes. If we play like we did today and can't really hit much, then going to have to say no. That being said, I'd still pick us.

3. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    Hell yes we can. Can't spell suck without CU:smile:

4. BigJCy

BigJCy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yes we can, but will be tough. They will be playing for their NCAA Tourney lives and I'm sure would like revenge from the game Wednesday night. We did shoot unbelievable against them and still only won by 5 points so it won't be easy.

Agree though still better match-up than playing Mizzou.

5. Thompsonclone

Thompsonclone Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    Not if Scott and Jamie play like they did today. If they show up and actually make an impact I think we can beat them twice in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    We sure can. Need to play well, just like everyone else.

They're probably one of the better matchups we could draw. A whole lot better than Missouri.

I'm hoping to see proof that there is a 2nd round in this tournament. Just seeing that, and guaranteeing that winning record, would be huge.

7. EYEoftheSTORM

Jan 3, 2009
    Ames, Iowa
    I sure hope we can repeat a performance like on Wednesday. Would like Hilton South to be as rocking as it was against them on Wednesday as well... Then I think we would be in pretty good shape.

I think in the last meeting between us and CU we played pretty sloppy and still should have beat them by 10. Had some dumb mistakes at the end that kept them in the game.

8. EYEoftheSTORM

Jan 3, 2009
    Ames, Iowa
    and if we won wouldnt we play KSU then in the next round?

which despite the 2 losses this year I believe is very winnable, we have proven we can play there style we just need a few things to roll our way....

9. SvrWxCy

SvrWxCy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Meteorologist
    Kansas
    It shouldn't take anything THAT special to beat Colorado...

I say as long as we go out there and score more points than them we shouldn't have a problem!!

:jimlad: (courtesy jimlad for those non-sarcastic readers)

10. enisthemenace

enisthemenace Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Runnells, IA
    Them beating Nebraska sets us for the best possibility to win down there...maybe twice.

11. CtownCyclone

CtownCyclone Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Project Engineer
    Houston
    Yes we can beat sCUm again. My concern is that we'll be worn out after that game when we play K-State, who has a bye in the first round.

12. Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    2 pm tip off. Terrible time! Looks like I am going to have to skip class to watch the game.

13. EYEoftheSTORM

Jan 3, 2009
    Ames, Iowa
    it will be on the XII network which means it will be on abc 5 in hd right?

14. Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    Yeah it should be.

15. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

You can't spell inconspicuous without CU either, but I digress

16. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    CU at home is different than CU anywhere else. It's hard to beat them two in a row but they'll be coming off a win and ISU coming off a loss.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment but I'm thinking 2-1 in the tournament could give them an NIT? I can't claim to know anything about NIT selection trends.

17. enisthemenace

enisthemenace Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Runnells, IA
    #17 enisthemenace, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    I don't want to be a ****, so I hope you don't take it that way. We are not going to the NIT, even with 2 KC wins.

EDIT: The reasons I say this...we are the last place team, in a 12 team conference who will probably send only 5, maybe 6, to the big show. The NIT won't go that deep in one conference. Also, I've noticed those who are being tagged as "last 4 out" teams. BU, CU and NU are all on that line. One thing they all have in common...a "bad loss to ISU". I hate to say it, but there is not much respect heading our way.

18. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Or sCUrious.

Urban Dictionary: scurious

19. Rivercydclone

Rivercydclone Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Ames
    If we play defense this time I believe we have a shot because I just can't see us putting up 90+ again

20. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Colorado typically has a weak crowd for the tourney so that's a plus. I don't think the line will be much, maybe CU favored by 4.5-5.5 ish. That's pretty telling in a 5/12 game.