Campustown properties

Discussion in 'Campus Life' started by theoutsider, Nov 2, 2012.

1. theoutsider

theoutsider New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Thoughts on their places? Specifically 207 Stanton. Tia

2. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    I lived in Cyclone. I have heard of issues but I've heard of them with all the big ones. Cyclone isn't fancy but if you are 21, walking to the bars is especially handy not to mention safe. Going back, I'd do the same thing.

3. theoutsider

theoutsider New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Which building is that? Sorry I don't know the names yet.

4. Tre4ISU

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    200 Stanton

5. Messi

Messi Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    Campustown has great party apartments and I've never really had any problems with them as landlords. On big weekends they have security guards roam their larger properties breaking up parties though. I will say though that if you're trying to save $, Campustown is probably your worst option. 3 even 4 bedroom apartments can run you ~$475 a person

6. Jordanj6502

Jordanj6502 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Student
    Ames
    I live in a Campustown property currently. You are paying extra for the location (I think around $100 more per person per month). The apartments are perfectly suitable for living in, and are pretty standard... They do have a ton of apartments so sometimes maintenance requests can take time if they are non-emergency situations... They are just finishing up building a small rec center thing with a pool and small weight lifting area I believe, other than that they don't have any special amenities. People I have dealt with in the office are nice, friendly, and understanding.

7. Tre4ISU

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    You definitely pay for location. For me, that $100 was worth it. I worked in Campustown too so I pretty much never drove anywhere except the grocery store and I never had to ride the bus.

8. cyguytillidie

cyguytillidie Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Male
    Des Moines
    Really wanted to live by campus this year. Being close to the bars is huge.
    I wound up living over by East HyVee. It's not too bad. Can walk back from the games in 10 mins and HyVee is just across the street. Downsides are huge though as it is difficult to get to the bars and back home. Nearly impossible on weekdays. Also, it's like little China town over here. Have yet to meet one of my neighbors as they keep to themselves and don't seem to speak very much English.

In hindsight, the extra $100 is probably worth it because it makes logistics to class and on weekends much easier and creates a better experience with the opportunity to meet new people.

9. clone2011

clone2011 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I lived above Jeff's Pizza for a year. $320/person/month for a 2 bed place. It wasn't Campustown Property, but the location and price can't be beat. Had all the basic amenities, and free laundry in the attic. Loved that place.

10. theoutsider

theoutsider New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks for the info guys. Getting settled into her new place above Es Tas this week. It seems ok. Pretty loud at times and kind of beat up in the hallways, but that's to be expected at college apts, especially in campustown. It's actually closer than freddy to her classes, plus literally steps from the bars. :jimlad: