Call me stupid...

Discussion in 'In-State Rivals' started by JustRedman, Jul 29, 2010.

1. JustRedman

JustRedman Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Gilbert
    #1 JustRedman, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    but I decided to check out HN for literally the first time. I figure there is enough ******* Hawk fans on this site that HN must be saturated with Cyclone fans swelling their proverbial chests. Never again. I now want to shoot myself in the face for coming up with such a stupid idea. Although most of the UofI fans are very tolerable on CF, I found reading HN a very serious punishment. Maybe Sims should just have to read an hour worth of HN every night instead of a suspension.

That is all.

2. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Its Hawkeye Nation. What did you think would be there?

3. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    It not that bad. Its just like it is here, except Hawkeye fans, Hawk talk, and a hell of a lot less traffic.

4. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Stupid...

5. hawkeyescott

hawkeyescott Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2008
    So what did you think about HN that you checked out for the first time?

6. JustRedman

JustRedman Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Gilbert
    I had to check out the Sims versus Douglas debate and see what their take on it was. I expected it to be a whole lot of Rhoads/ISU hating for not being strict enough (which I agree with) if he only gets a game or two. That is fine. Just wanted their take on things and they aren't out of line saying DS is a criminal.
    I ventured to a thread about AC's comments on UofI the only team in the state. That thread was a circlejerk of Hawk fans saying

"AC has a huge donger. ISU is composed of all tiny-donged, cement-footed, slowpoke assbags." (or something along those lines)

My best friend from high school and beyond is a HUGE UofI fan and I have to say I feel like punching him in the sack simply for guilt by association.

7. JustRedman

JustRedman Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Gilbert
    I fixed it. Put the red pen away, Mr. Scott. :smile:

8. hawkeyescott

hawkeyescott Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2008
    I knew what you meant, I was just giving you crap. :smile:

9. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Well isn't it obvious? He thought he'd find more Hawk fans like me, who try not to rub people the wrong way, look at things objectively, and just have a tremendous sense of humor:wink:

10. TexasTwister

TexasTwister Member

Jul 28, 2010
    The Big D
    The folks on HN think the same thing about this website. It's like an Aggie checking out a Longhorn website. It's all relative.