BYU Most Unintelligent Fanbase

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by jkclone, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jkclone

jkclone Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    I think everyone can agree there are some pretty uninformed fan bases about the rules of basketball, but during the game the booing seemed extremely excessive. Now you also have people calling out Kane and Ejim as thugs. I know some of those are Iowa people and BYU also has an extremely large fan base but it seems worse this time.

2. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    Because ISU fans don't Boo every call that goes against us regardless of the circumstances?

3. Tri4Cy

Tri4Cy Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Urbandale
    This.

4. tivo2224

tivo2224 Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Insurance
    Norwalk
    Instead of BYU replace it with IOWA

5. jkclone

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Iowa State is one of the more selective schools. We are biased which is natural but last night and now seems to be on a different level.

6. Incyte

Incyte Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Wtf? Stupid thread is stupid.

BYU acts like every other fan base on earth - frustrated after a close loss.

7. RedlineSi

RedlineSi Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Twin Cities
    What do you expect? It's a arena full of virgin, decaffeinated white folks.

8. weR138

weR138 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2008
    They're mormons so they can't curse. They make up for it with excessive booing. Not a big deal.

9. tzjung

tzjung Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Male
    Health Care Technology
    Ankeny, IA
    The point of the fans is to get into the head of the opposing players and try to get the refs on their side by continuously hounding them. I thought they did their job. The fans were definately in our players heads...look at Ejim, our failure with the press, and missing free throws down the stretch.

They were great CBB fans, and they did what I hope we continue to do to every team (not named Iowa State) and referee that steps onto the court at Hilton.

10. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Not stupid at all. I thought they supported their team in a similar fashion to what we would do. And high emotion and bias does cloud judgement, which is 100% normal for fans anywhere.

11. CyOps

CyOps Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Cat Burglar
    Lincoln
    The signs and bigheads in the student section were very mormon.

12. I loved the venom they spat. It inspired me. We need to eat UMKC alive.

13. jkclone

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Yeah I get what people are saying just think there was an extreme amount of booing specifically on the Kane foul and now you have people calling him a thug with Ejim. I thought in general they were good but theres an awful lot of negative attitude over that call that I think is completely uncalled for, and I've seen people saying they were yelling the N word which set of Ejim. Other than those things I thought they were pretty good but there seems to be way to much focus on the Kane foul which didn't really warrant an ejection let alone jail time.

14. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    The point of the fans is to support their team and help them win. BYU lost = Crowd fail.

15. cyrocksmypants

cyrocksmypants Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Being Totally Awesome
    Honolulu, HI
    I was hearing quite a bit of swearing in the background of John Walters call from about the 5 minute mock until the end of the game.

That said, you also don't have to be Mormon to be a fan of BYU, so it could have been anyone.

16. kcclones

kcclones Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Male
    Sales
    Kansas City
    We are known as a fan base that loves to boo ourselves

17. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    Kangaroo is a delicious meat, I'm told.

18. greatshu

greatshu Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2007
    KS
    That is correct. Ask any KU fans, they will tell you how they feel about the Clone fans and their boos.

19. ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I think there is some mold in Larch that is making you create stupid threads

20. jkclone

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Probably some mold but you're missing my point. I don't necessarily think they were bad in general but in certain circumstances they seemed uninformed about the rules. Specifically the Kane foul. I'm not saying you can't be mad about it but to boo it excessively during the game and after to say he should go to jail is what I'm talking about. I thought they had a great atmosphere and it got to us, but there were things that only Iowa people would say.