byu forum responses

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by bringmagicback, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bringmagicback

bringmagicback Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Marketing
    CF Resident Dog Lover
    #1 bringmagicback, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Reading quite possibly the most confusing message board Ive ever read, pretty funny stuff.
    Page 1 - CougarBoard.com

my favorite is calling isu a team full of thugs. A girl scout troop would look like thugs compared to those women we played tonight. A team that soft will not go far in the tourney.

2. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    G darn it. Well tomorrow's a new wonderful day let's roast some marshmallows that will cheer us up.

3. Heilsqauvador

Heilsqauvador Active Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Hampton, IA
    Actually I think that board is handling a loss in that manner much better than CF would.

4. Ry4Cy

Ry4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Male
    Ankeny
    The poke in the eye thing look really bad but I know Kane didn't mean to do that.

5. CoKane

CoKane Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Cedar Rapids
    My favorite one is the one that says they lost this game when Parker committed to Duke. That's like us blaming Harrison Barnes for McDoormat's last season. It's stupid.

6. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    Le them lick their wounds in peace. Unless its a sin to lick your wounds...

7. flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I was on that site earlier in the day, and they were pretty cocky. They go 12 deep, they beat Stanford, we don't have an answer for Haws, etc. Nice win. We're going hear the "thug" line a lot, and that's cool. Life in the Big XII is rough, and I like the attitude. Disappointed in Mel, but he's always been an emotional guy. I won't lose too much sleep over it.

8. jsmith86

jsmith86 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cedar Rapids
  9. CoKane

CoKane Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Cedar Rapids
    #9 CoKane, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    First, I apologies for my pessimism. I act like a total ***** sometimes, I'll admit that . These refs were awful both ways the whole game. They would heavily favor BYU, and then switch and heavily favor Iowa State. It may have evened out in the end, but even refereeing does not equal good refereeing. Georges was unstoppable on the inside at the end, and it ended up being exactly what we needed. Kinda disappointed with some of our guys though. I know it's not a big deal, but Melvin should know better then to flip off the crowd, and I have no idea what Kane was trying to do when he got tossed, although I don't think it was intentional. I'd rather not have that be what is remember by the BYU crowd, but no point in worrying about that right now I guess. Lastly, just because I know we are going to hear this tomorrow, BYU was not screwed over. They had plenty of time to call a timeout after Edozie hit his last free throw. That's poor coaching on BYU's part in my opinion. Ugly win, we could have played much better then we did, and I would have preferred much better refereeing, but I'll take what we got. It's a rarity we get both a good home and road win in the non conference, and we got one over a should be top 25 team today.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    I don't feel like going over to their board, hopefully one of them can come knock on my door and tell me about it instead...

• Like Like x 6
  11. Tri4Cy

Tri4Cy Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Urbandale
    Wow. They even deleted the Ejim flipping off the crowd picture. We would be running that **** into the ground!!

12. bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
    Marketing
    CF Resident Dog Lover
    dear diary...........

13. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Meh not terribly offensive. I know what we would be like.

14. greatshu

greatshu Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2007
    KS
    Their website sucks. For that reason, I'm glad we won.

CF>BYU forum

15. digZ

digZ Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Colorado
    They actually have a lot of reasonable posters over there. They have their reactionaries, but they usually get shut down.

Sounds a lot like a board that I frequent often...

Also Melvin lost his cool, but whatever. What Kane did was no more "thuggish" or flagrant than what McGary did to Naz. Both were really unfortunate plays, but both were just accidents, that maybe could have been avoided. The national media won't grasp onto this play anymore than they did to McGary's, which is not at all. If you think our team is going to be considered thuggish after tonight, you're just looking for negatives on an amazing, gutsy win by our team.

16. TigerCyJM

TigerCyJM Active Member

May 3, 2012
    Polk County, IA
    BYU has some of the strangest looking people ive ever seen. Good grief

17. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    BYU has no reason to be mad about it.

Kane drew a 2 shot foul, got ejected from the game, and they got the ball back at a critical juncture.

18. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
  19. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    That board blows balls.

20. bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
    Marketing
    CF Resident Dog Lover
    I just figured out their board. You just have to go the bottom and switch post style from "prayer form" to standard form