Bundle prices of Cable, Internet and Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloner29, Jan 17, 2011.

1. cycloner29

cycloner29 Active Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Marketing
    Ames
    Just wondering what the going rate is for bundled package of cable, internet and phone. Mediacom is taking me for around $170 for the bundle. This is expanded basic, DVR and HD package on the cable portion. Any deals out there currently?

2. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    That is more than I pay qwest for DTV, Internet, and Phone. And that is with 4 HD DVR's and HBO/Max and Sports pack.

3. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny
    Just go to Qwest's website and build a bundle to see what it would cost. It looks to me like you're getting hosed right now.

4. BirdOfWar

BirdOfWar Member

May 3, 2010
    Ankeny, IA
    I believe I pay $73 a month for cable and internet through Mediacom for 1 year, and the 2nd year it will be $83 I belive. That is digital cable with free Stars/Encore for 2 years. I signed up over the summer when some deal was going on.

5. MeanDean

MeanDean Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Male
    Retired Civil Engineer
    Clarence IA-Jensen Beach FL
    Unfortunately Qwest does not have internet service in all areas where they are the primary phone service. It frustrated the crap out of me when I live in Blue Grass, especially when they would include their promotional fliers in every monthly bill.

Maybe it'll work for the OP, though.

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

We have that package (started in June) and pay about $85/mo. If you don't want to switch, call and cancel, and I'll bet they give you a lot better deal.

7. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny
    I had it in Ames 10 years ago, so I would assume it's available if he's actually in Ames proper and not some outlying area. The website makes you put in your address anyway so they can make sure they're offering what's available in your area.

8. hawkeyeh8r

hawkeyeh8r Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Ames
    just use your cell phone and lose the mediacom phone package

9. hawkeyeh8r

hawkeyeh8r Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Ames
    doesnt qwest use DSL though? theres a big difference between DSL and mediacom's high speed internet. at least to me i thought that mediacoms internet was far superior to qwest dsl

10. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    Frustrating is right. In addition to the monthly fliers in the bill, twice in the last 5 years I have received mailings telling me congrats, Qwest DSL is now available in your area! Only to have them come out and tell me oops, it's not. The first time it happened I actually placed an order and the tech knocked on my door and said,"DSL is not available in your area so I will be installing MSN dial-up internet for you today." Uhhh...no...you won't...

11. ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Male
    Depends where you live. In areas where Qwest has installed their fiber it is actually faster than Mediacom; 2-3 times faster in some cases.

12. flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I've got this deal, too. Do you have any idea how much it will cost when the promotion ends? I believe we've got it for two years. I hope it's not $170.

13. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    My mediacom with internet, cable HD DVR and unlimited phone is about 88 a month

14. conmebol

conmebol Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I called mediacom customer service when my promotion ran out. I told them I priced directv+qwest for about $70. They matched that price on the spot.

15. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Really doesn't matter to me- if they jack them up, I'll move on. I've had Dish for two years, Directv for two, and I'm on to Mediacom now. All three have their advantages and disadvantages, though Dish is my least favorite. I'll probably just put the squeeze on Mediacom when my two years are up, and if that doesn't work, it's back to Directv.