Bowen & Parker

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Bowen is currently the leading tackler in the country with 33 stops. He is also second in solo tackles. Meanwhile our freshman DE is #6 in the country in sacks.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Like the sounds of that....

But there's two more Parkers that just might be wearing the cardinal and gold someday. Parker has one brother (Shabray) redshirting as a wide receiver at Northeast Oklahoma Junior College and another one on the Ponca City High football team as a freshman.
"They're both very confident and excited for me," Rashawn said. "He (Shabray) wants to come up here, so hopefully that can work out for us. He's pretty confident what he can do."

from ames trib...

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Tyrone is #23 in total tackles through 2 games and #34 in solo tackles. Good news is linebackers are making majority of tackles which is what we want. Bad news is too many of them are 5-7 yards from line of scrimmage.

I have been really impressed with Bowen. He is really all over the field. I will predict now that in April of 08 Mr. Bowen will know by the end of the first day what team he will be playing for.

AlanAldaClone

Apr 17, 2006
Good news is linebackers are making majority of tackles which is what we want.

There was actually a moron on the UNLV board who tried to argue it's a bad thing for your LBs to be making the majority of the tackles. I have never seen a fan base so ignorant of even the most basic concepts in football. No wonder the team thought the game of football included five quarters.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
lineman make a few tackles and tie up the blockers. LB make the plays (tackles) DB's doesn't get to you if all goes well.

burtonjk

Apr 11, 2006
I agree that you want your linebackers making your tackles but the total tackles stat is kind of a double edge sword. Either your player is all over the field or your defense is on the field way too much.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
I agree burton, I would like some more 3 & outs. However, I remain very impressed with Bowen. He is the real deal

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
He is very good, but I would like to see him play a little better position defense and not get faked out and have to run the play down, like he has been doing. I think he will get better at this as the season progresses. Parker is playing very well, I hope he lives in the Iowa backfield!