Big 12 Coaching turnover

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by Rhoadhoused, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    One area where ISU has an advantage this year is that it is the 3rd year with this staff and we didn't lose anyone from last year. Who in the Big 12 is in the first year of coaching changes? Off the top of my head I can think of:
    Texas- purged the whole staff basically
    Texas Tech- New defensive coordinator from TCU running a 4-2-5

Who else?

2. CyBroncos

CyBroncos Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    West Des Moines
    It's not often a program like Texas has a new OC and DC debuting in the same season so I'll be looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

3. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    well i can't answer your question, but,

when mizzou first went 12-2, they said on TV that pinkel had the exact same staff for each of his first 6 years.

the year before that year i think they went like 7-5 or something and that was the best they had been. Shows how important stability is in college football-- or anything for that matter.

4. CyBobby

CyBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Central Iowa
    Well guys you can have the "Worlds Greatest Coach" but if you have a lot of assistant coaching turnover the worlds greatest coach will be leaving in about 4-5 years...

You can Bet the Farm on that one...

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    You keep reminding me of what Gene did to us.We went to the farm alright.

6. CyBobby

CyBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Central Iowa

If you're referring to Mr Cheese Dips er Chizik's defensive coordinator you are right on my friend....

Wayne Bolt could NOT be a decent defensive coordinator for a Pee Wee Football Team and thats putting it mildly...

I loved the part where Gene demoted both coordinators after a ten game losing streak in year two only to move back down south....

7. kucyclone

kucyclone Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Seattle
    KU has a new defensive coordinator; its fourth in four years, I believe.

8. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    And we get them early in the season....hopefully that will help us some.

9. Baylor brought in DC Phil Bennett....I think he was at Pitt. Based on how bad their defense was and how hes trying to implement players changing positions to get more speed on the field, he may be an upgrade.

OU will be without OC Kevin Wilson, but Huepel has been a position coach at OU for awhile so it might not be much of a change.

10. I guess Holgerson hasn't been mentioned, but that's an obvious one. Putting together the list though, there's A LOT of turnover around the league.