Big 12 Chair Sees "No Signs" aTm is Leaving

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Deaton says no current signs A&M leaving Big 12

"They have not indicated they are going anywhere right now," Deaton said. "They've been sharing concerns they've had with us, and we've been addressing them."
More broadly on the conference future, Deaton said, "We are totally committed to strengthen the Big 12, and that's something I'm not sure the public is totally aware of. (Those) are pretty strong-held feelings ... certainly among the nine, and we think maybe the 10th also in the case of Texas A&M."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
bagdad_bob_1.jpg

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It is like TAM met an old flame SEC twice in the last two years and said she was hot. Yer wifey UT says she will take him back.

Sammy11

Jun 11, 2010
DFW
I am more worried about Deaton being honest about MU's commitment to the B12 than I am about his assessment on aggy. As long as we have the 4 flagships (UT, OU, MU, KU) we can add another program like them (BYU). From there add 2. Of course I would prefer to keep the ags but if they want to run away that is their business as long as they keep the SEC from going after another B12 school.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am more worried about Deaton being honest about MU's commitment to the B12 than I am about his assessment on aggy. As long as we have the 4 flagships (UT, OU, MU, KU) we can add another program like them (BYU). From there add 2. Of course I would prefer to keep the ags but if they want to run away that is their business as long as they keep the SEC from going after another B12 school.
Mizzou seems too smart to head to the SEC. I believe they reaffirmed their position in the B12, and it makes sense. They would leave for the Big10, but no one else IMO. Pinkel and the administrators know that their up and coming football team would be derailed in the SEC. The travel also gets worse for all their other sports, and the academic partnerships get a lot worse as well. This move doesn't make sense unless the Big 12 is dead. It is OU that I think the SEC would want to drag in, but OSU and the state legislature will stop that.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I like how he says he sees no indication that A&M is leaving and then separates them out when referring to the 9 teams that are committed to strengthening the conference.